'

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Walk and Click Wednesdays #15: Baby, It's Cold Outside

I don't know where the weeks are going. I often find myself on Tuesdays thinking, oh, it's time for Walk and Click, so out I go to discover something ... different ... maybe. Oh, and can you believe Christmas is only two weeks away! How did that happen? The good news is I'm ready. Whew!


So this evening about 4pm as the sun was doing its bedtime routine and the temps plummeted to about 30º, out I go with Kobi in tow. Sometimes at this time of year it takes a bit of looking, paying attention, to find anything of interest because so much is brown and gray. But amazingly, one can actually still find some bits of color.


I have also been delighted that even in the waning and dormant stages there is beauty ... as with these dead flowers. It makes me ponder the beauty that can come at the end of things ... the end of an exciting project, the end of creating a work of art, and maybe even the end of life. How differently we may view these endings if we could find the beauty there.


And of course, a walk just wouldn't be a walk without my tried and true companion. Here the breeze gives flight to Kobi's ears as he stands saying, "what are we waiting for Mom."

~~~~~

Hope you're all having a great week. I look forward to seeing you here for Walk and Click Wednesdays. Can't wait to see what you saw on your strolls.

Please join me in the adventure. The only "requirement" other than those below is that you go out walking and take some pictures. Please keep in mind that you don't have to walk, take pictures, process them, and post all on Wednesday ... take the weekend before to explore and a few days to process your photos ... then link up.

Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday at midnight.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->


4 comments:

  1. I actually like the dried remains better than the flowers in full bloom sometimes. Wonderful captures as always. Stay warm Kobi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flower shot. It'll try and get some posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 degrees and you and Kobi are out walking???Goodness me!!! He sure is cute and doesn't seem to mind the cold.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your thoughts on the beauty of dead flowers... very true!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->