'

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Reverb '12: Days 13 - 15

Continuing with Reverb '12 with Kat @ I Saw You Dancing... Days 13 - 15.

More Reverb creations. I am feeling a bit of redundancy in the prompts, but I do believe I found some different angles and processing techniques.

Day 13: Your favourite photo of you? Post your favourite picture of yourself from 2012, self-portrait or otherwise!

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: marabella, paperandpaste
Texture thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: Raised Effect 1
Shape brush thanks to DesignFruit: Shabby Shapes 

This is a weathered-with-age image of me and my mom. As far as I know this was soon after I was adopted ... I was two. Not exactly sure where this particular picture was taken, but I do know it was in Europe, possibly the coast of France. It's one of the few I have framed and it sits on a living room end table.

Day 14: The path that brought you here? My question is: what was the most important thing you learned in 2012? I would like to add: how does this learning shape the path going forward?

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: friday, emptypage, edward

This is a pretty deep question, which I've attempted to depict in poetry and photo, but I believe the question needs some deeper reflection.

The most important thing I learned in 2012 is the next step reveals itself when it is ready, not when I want it to be ready. I don't know what is beyond the bend, just as I have no idea what comes along a curving path upon which I have never walked. It is all about the discovery and being ready when it appears.

And how does this revelation shape the path going forward? Maybe I can learn to relax a bit that there is good ... exciting new bits to see ... around the bend. The new year must have bountiful experiences in store. I am open to what presents itself.

Day 15: What tingled your tastebuds? What was the most extraordinary dish you sampled in 2012? What made it so magical? It needn't be the most extravagant dish, just the one that knocked your socks off with its flavour, texture, aroma, freshness, colour, significance, timing… whatever. Relive the magic and help us savour it with you here.
 
Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: felicity, backin
Shape brush thanks to DesignFruit: Shabby Shapes

Unfortunately, cooking or eating out is not where I spend much time these days, but in September I made these yummy banana custard crepes. I played with some different processing techniques on this ... using one of DesignFruit's Shabby Shapes and layer masking, as well as a couple textures.

Thanks to all for following my journey and standing beside me as I explore.




2 comments:

  1. Those crepes look delicious. Cute picture of when you were young :) Keep up with your journey you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly enjoying your journey with this series, Lissa, and those crepes look amazing!!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->