'

Monday, December 3, 2012

Reverb '12: Days 1 - 3

I have begun. The Reverb '12 with Kat @ I Saw You Dancing. If I'm not being creative, I feel like I'm not living, so I have chosen to create an art piece for each challenge. By the end of the Reverb, I will have 31 visuals of my journey. Then what to do with them ... hmmm, maybe these will serve as my dream board for next year. I can post them on my wall ... in my bed room or my office. Candyland squares showing me the way. ;->

Day 1: How are you starting this last month of 2012? Take a moment, close your eyes, take a deep breath and ask yourself the question: how do you feel ...  in your body? in your mind? in your day job? in your creative life? in your heart?

Brushes thanks to DesignFruit: Mellow Mess and Shabby Shapes

The truth is I've got exactly what I've created. A solitary life with my sweet Kobi. I enjoy communing with my online creative friends, visiting with other pup-owners at the dog parks, reading inspiring blogs and books, watching a good movie, and coffee shop hopping. There are only a few things that would make it all better. Can you find them in the cloud above? What I know for sure: I'm not alone in those desires.

Day 2: What was your most significant expenditure in 2012? It doesn't have to be necessarily the biggest expenditure, just the one with the most impact. What difference has it made to your life?

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: confidence, cherish
Brushes thanks to DesignFruit: Electrosketch

My most significant expenditure was time. I spent it walking and clicking. Post-processing photos. Trying to keep up with Kim Klassen's unending creative innovations in Beyond Layers and Behind the Scenes. I've learned so much about about Photoshop and made a significant dent in learning a most powerful software program.

In addition, although the benefits of working are obvious, having time to slow down, relax, and be introspective is a wonderful healing experience. I am beginning to learn what is really important to me: quiet--loudness is a vexation to the spirit (Desiderata); sharing my creativity; reaching out to friends and family. Of course, there must be more, but this is good for now.

Day 3: What is one thing that you really wish to do that you just haven't had the chance to accomplish yet? What steps could you take (however small) to ensure that you accomplish this thing in 2013? Living life on a transplant waiting list gives you lots of reasons to reflect on what you've achieved in your life, and what you wish for the future. Imagine a scenario where you only had one year left to live.

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: naturally, ifonly, lookup
Circle dots brush thanks to Krist Adams

Honestly, I can't imagine what would really be my top priorities if faced with only a year to live. I actually wonder if I might feel relieved. Relieved that I would no longer have to figure it all out. Relieved that I could finally just be me. Relieved that I could get away with feeling all my feelings openly. Oh ... you say I can do that now. Ah, what a revelation. Maybe that moment of clarity I'm looking for.

In the process of defining clarity, I found and fell in love with this new word, pellucidity! What a fun word. And the definition ... clear in meaning, expression, or style. When faced with the end of my life my wish is that I have no regrets; that my interactions are clear of false pretense or hidden motives ... always; that I have no fear ... no fear of rejection, lack of confidence, or harm.

I'm not sure accomplishment is what I would be focusing on. Being is more important to me than accomplishing. Being peaceful. Being inspired. Being creative ... to the last.

One small step toward this goal in 2013 is to walk this daily introspection for the next 28 days so that I see things more and more clearly on this journey. To dare greatly (Brené Brown).

I believe I have found my One Little Word for 2013!

7 comments:

  1. Lissa, this is quite a profound post. Lots to think about in these prompts! Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely lots to think about. Loved the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lissa, this is a beautiful post!
    Thank you for sharing.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissa,
    Thank you for sharing so openly. I can identify with a lot of those things in Day 1. Great reflections. I look forward to spending 2013 with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your thoughts this is good stuff and thanks for leading me to Reverb....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about doing this myself, but instead of helping, I think it would only add to my stress this month! But I enjoyed reading through yours! Lots of food for thought, even if it never gets set into words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for expressing yourself so beautifully and clearly! I love the images you added to each day's post.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->