'

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Reverb '12: Days 19 - 21

Continuing with Reverb '12 with Kat @ I Saw You Dancing... Days 19 - 21.

More Reverb creations.

Day 19: How did you nourish yourself? How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012? What self-care practices will you take with you into 2013?

Textures thanks to Pixel Dust: SoftSwirls, SilkenWaters
Camera brush thanks to Benjirose
Place setting: Lovely Dinner

I can't say I'm feeling the beautiful body thing! But at least I am nourishing it with lots of photo walks, blue skies, sunshine, and fresh air. What I'd like to take into 2013 is a new regime and lose ... ahem ... well some pounds I've gathered along my journey in 2012. Why is this a perennial problem for me? I suppose I should look into that, as well. Shouldn't take much doing. The honest truth is I like my sweets ... and my Starbucks coffee with cream and sugar, and pumpkin or lemon loaf.

I'm not very good at self-care ... so maybe a list is in order to remind me ...
  • cut down the sugar and caffeine, so I can develop better sleeping patterns
  • walk even more regularly
  • start a yoga regime
  • reconvene a meditation practice
  • journal more regularly and make a point of noting the gratitudes

Day 20: What was lost and what was found? What was lost in 2012? What do you intend to find in 2013?

Textures thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: Square-129, 134, 167, 171, 188

This is a sensitive question. In losing my work, I lost a place to go where I made some contribution, connected with people in person regularly, and collected pay for a day's work. As time goes on this transition begins to take it's toll.

Nevertheless, there is an up-side ... I have enjoyed the freedom to explore my creative side. As Cynthia Morris said in a recent newsletter, "creative play is vital for our happiness." I have known that if I'm not being creative, I'm not living. I also have found that all this photography and processing and creating my own little "art pieces" keeps my mind active and engaged. I feel productive and this brings me great pleasure.

I intend to carry this forward to 2013 as learning is vital to my well-being.

Day 21: What's on the dream list? What items did you tick off your dream list in 2012? What other, unexpected, dreams came to fruition? What are the top three items on your dream list for 2013?
 
Textures thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: Square-129, 163, 173, 191
Textures thanks to Pixel Dust: AbstractSplotches, FadedFresco, Impressionist Music

I can't help myself ... I love this piece. I learned a couple new design tools ... how to use puppet warp and the transform effects, both in the edit panel in Photoshop. These were used to give the word DREAM the curvature to create a pot for my flowers.

Back to dreams ... dreams for me are about growth, expanding, learning ...

Growth comes quietly
Growth comes slowly

It comes by asking
"how do I do that?"

It takes me down a path
of questioning and
searching for the the answer.

and one day I realize
I know more
and can do more.

Google is my friend ... I wanted my word DREAM to have shape, so I went in search for how to do it. Voilà! I found the answer out there in that vast information vessel.

A dream list? This has been a challenge recently. It's hard for me to dream when I'm concerned about the basics, but I also realize that it is the dreaming that will take care of the basics. This is a bit like chasing one's tail ... oh, nevermind that. It's time to consider what I would like to see in this new year; hence, another list.
  • replace my old worn out chairs in my living room
  • new kitchen faucet
  • new flooring -- carpet and/or tile
  • proper fence for the back yard
  • new cushion/covering for my free swing
  • re-establish my office, which requires purging and painting
There, I did it ... I dreamed a few dreams for 2013!

4 comments:

  1. And I hope all your dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful prompts again. I love what you did with the Dream word! It is good to make lists. I think having it in writing makes it more real and slightly easier to stick to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lissa - I'm enjoying your posts. Love the DREAM image! What a great way to end the year and start the New Year! May it be filled with lots of special surprises! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some say that reality began...and still does...with a dream.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->