'

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Reverb '12: Days 16 - 18

Continuing with Reverb '12 with Kat @ I Saw You Dancing... Days 16 - 18.

More Reverb creations. The prompts become more challenging and take more thought and consideration. So, here we go.

I'm loving playing with clipping masks, shabby shapes, gradients, and bevels and embossing!

Day 16: Who inspired you? What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2013?

Image of Kim Klassen used with permission
Shape brushes thanks to DesignFruit: Shabby Shapes 

I gained inspiration from many places this year. Not to diminish inspiration I gain from other sources, but much of my focus was on taking pictures and Photoshopping.

Kobi, my sweet boy, often inspired me to put my socks and shoes on and get out the door. I think Kim Klassen and I have an immense love of our pups in common--and I love seeing pictures of her Ben. That helps me think others don't mind seeing Kobi as the focus of many of my posts.

Kim has been an incredible gift to me in 2012. Her drive, creativity, and sensitivity continue to inspire me as she continues the work she loves so much. I use her textures in many of my creations--they enhance and add depth to my bits of art. In addition, she has made learning Photoshop amazingly fun through her classes ... Photoshop Essentials, Beyond Layers, and Behind the Scenes! I don't think I would have learned so much and moved into original bits of art had it not been for her and Kat at Reverb '12. I'm having a blast creating this series.

And of course, I can't forget the inspiration nature brings. It calls my name and I go adventuring much more often these days, taking my camera, my muse, and my furry friend.

Day 17: How did you make a difference? Think of one person whose life you made a difference to in 2012. What did you gain from this? How will you continue to make a difference in 2013?

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: warmlyvintage, gentlewhisper

In contemplating one person for whom I may have made a difference in this life, I am challenged. I would hope that I have made a difference in many people's lives by initiating Walk and Click Wednesdays and sharing photos throughout the year. And although Kobi is not a person, I know I made a difference to him!

So, with that said, I believe beginning Walk and Click Wednesdays four months ago has made a difference to many of my followers. One in particular, Sarah Huizenga, joins the link up regularly and has put it so poignantly ... "I found the more I went out the things to photograph just presented themselves like gifts. The real trick is just being open to whatever you come across that day." This is exactly what I'd hoped my readers and followers would understand about just getting out. Being open rather than looking for something to meet a prompt. Thank you, Sarah.

Interestingly, I think Walk and Click has made a big difference in my life. A gift to me. Offering me a new way to look at things. Giving me something to meet the day for.

Day 18: The colour of you? What colour best represents the year you had in 2012? And why? What colour would you like to invite into your life in 2013? Be as literal or metaphorical, clever or crazy, or just plain off-the-wall with this as you choose! Can't wait to read your responses to this one!
 
Texture thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: Square-27
Shape brush thanks to DesignFruit: Shabby Shapes

BLUE: My color is a paradox.

Some days I have felt quite blue over this past year of searching, but not to dwell on that. The other side of blue is its ability to open me up to new opportunities. To see the sky. To notice the different shades of blue in lakes and ponds and creeks. It helps me feel the movement from the blue of tears to the blue of the heavens where I can dance and sparkle.

There are so of my blogging and Flickr buddies I want to thank for continued support in your following. You lift me up when the going feels heavy. Thank you all.

I'm not sure what color I'd like to invite into the new year. Something to contemplate further. Maybe the yellow, orange, red side of the color wheel!

4 comments:

  1. These creations are so beautiful, Lissa. I think I'm going to try my hand at more creative designs and edits in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lissa, you are so sweet. As soon I read the question and before I read your answer I thought - you have made a big difference in my life :) Walk and Click has become such a central part of my blog right now. It motivates me every week to go out and photography, even when the weather is cold and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post! I have so enjoyed reading this, and it has given me some great ideas for reflecting, and also for some artistic ideas. Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissa - I love your images! You have made a difference in my life, helping me to slow down and remember my connection to nature and my creative side. You are an inspiration! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->