'

Monday, December 31, 2012

Reverb '12: Day 31 ... Happy New Year, 2013!

Closing a month of Reverb '12 with Kat @ I Saw You Dancing... Day 31.

I end this project with mixed feelings knowing it is not an end at all ... I have loved creating an image a day for 31 days in response to Kat's prompts, but it takes time and inspiration that I am relieved to take a break from for a bit. I hope you have enjoyed my journey and that it has inspired you to consider your own.

Day 31: Where are you now?

Think back to where you were all those moons ago, on 1 December when you started #reverb12. All the way back then, I asked: "How are you starting?" Now quickly and without thinking too much about it, finish these five sentences:

2013 is going to be MY YEAR because
... I deserve it! I've weathered the storm. I've done the right things. I've learned new skills. It will be my year because I am and I want it to be.

In 2013, I am going to do ... good work ... both in my next job and in my creative work. I am going to honor the promises I make to myself just as I honor promises I make to others. I want to learn Illustrator.

In 2013, I am going to feel ... joyous, happy, and fulfilled.

In 2013, I am not going to ... constantly chip away at the good I offer by thinking I have to be different.

In December 2013, I am going to look back and say ...  I did it! I created a better life for me and for those I touch. I brought joy to others through my writing and photographic creations. I did a good job.


Textures thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: DirtyWall-5, GF-6, Stained-5
Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: 0101, 3112

And here is the complete Reverb '12 ... 31 days of images reflecting on 2012 and looking toward 2013.

Click image to see larger view

Wishing all my friends and family a Happy New Year! May 2013 bring fulfilled dreams and lots of new joyous experiences.

  ****
(  ___ )
  \     /
    \  /
   ^^^

I toast a glass to you, my friends!!


9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Lissa! Wishing you good things in 2013! I've enjoyed your reverbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your images turned out wonderfully. What an intense month of discovery this was for you :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your images are fantastic, Lissa. Here's to all your dreams coming true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'd still be on day 3. This inspires me to do a once a month page like this. I guess that's what I'll do in the One Word class. Here's to you and a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa, how wonderful it is to see all of your beautiful work here in one place. You have so much to be proud of in completing this project.
    I loved your honesty in response to what I thought were some really "tough" questions.
    Raising my glass to you, my friend!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lissa, your energy and heart amazes and inspires me.
    A Blessed New Year to you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the images! Inspiring as always! Happy New Year my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your collage of all of these wonderful creations. What an amazing project, and so much self discovery in it! Love this Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. first time here, I like what I see! congrats on your new job

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->