'

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Reverb '12: Days 10 - 12

Continuing with Reverb '12 with Kat @ I Saw You Dancing... Days 10 - 12.

More Reverb creations. These seemed to take more time. I think it's because I'm trying to challenge myself to use different techniques.

Day 10: What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: confidence, crackerjack, felicity

The greatest risk I took in 2012 was to leave a job without another to go to. There are times one must just jump into the void, the unknown, and wait for what comes next. Interestingly, although another job has not materialized, I believe I have been in training for what is yet to come. For this entire year, I have been developing and honing my Photoshop and InDesign skills as though I was engaged in an apprenticeship with my Self. I have learned so much and can clearly see positive development.

In addition, some interesting freelance projects have come my way: a blog redesign, a photo project for a wedding reception, and two book design projects. It makes me think that whenever the next opportunity comes it will include the need for these skills.

Day 11: 
What was music to your ears in 2012, literally or metaphorically?

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: cherish

Ah yes, music to my ears ... the day Phillip, my oldest son, said he'd like to join me for Thanksgiving dinner. Bridging gaps, mending fences, healing wounds. It was a beginning, a first step to moving on to a better future. I am thankful. I am grateful.

Day 12: What made you dance in 2012? What made you weep?

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: lilly, wonderfulmagic, zuzu
Textures thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: Square 125, Raised Effect 2
Corner brushes thanks to French Kiss
Heart brush thanks to DesignFruit: Shabby Shapes
Circle dots brush thanks to Krist Adams

In some ways, it doesn't take much to make my heart dance. The little things ... puffy clouds in a blue sky, the Rocky Mountain horizon, a soft fluffy pup snuggling close. But these are things I get to experience daily. There were some things that truly made my heart dance. And in the same breath or beat, made me weep with incredible gratitude.

There were many who stepped up in my life to say, "we know you're struggling and here's a gift to make the journey a bit lighter." Some gifts were significant ... a loan to provide a bridge when I didn't have enough to pay the mortgage, an unexpected sizable discount on a class I knew would provide a great impact. And some were smaller ... a treat to lunch, purchases of my greeting cards, and kind words from my friends and online tribe. All have been meaningful. All reinforced that I am valued. Thanks to you who contributed to my growth this year. You mean so much to me.

UPDATE 12/14/12: What makes me weep is that we live in a country where elementary school children are targeted by shooters who seem to need to lash out for whatever reason. Currently (12pm MST) 27 shot and killed in Newtown, CT include children and staff. It makes me wonder what leads our young adults to do this ... my recollection is they seem to range from 17 - 30, the ones committing these atrocities. We must pray that we can learn why and do something about it. We need to stop the assault on innocent people, especially children.


7 comments:

  1. I believe the best is yet to come for you, too!! Enjoy the journey...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely designs...You are doing great training for your bright future :) Happy to hear that you were able to spend Thanksgiving with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post Lissa. I'm sure that even more exciting things are heading your way. Enjoy your time of self discovery and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really nice Lissa. Here's to the future !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful, Lissa, especially Day 11.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures, especially the heart and tears one. I also love your reflections. They are honest and easy to relate to for many of us. Thanks for including the piece about the shooting. So, so sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art work is wonderful. It's good to hear about journeys of growth.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->