'

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Many Muses Musing - JOY

Linked to Many Muses Musing. Today's theme is JOY. Also linked to Kim Klassen's 12 Days of Textures and Lisa Gordon's Creative Exchange.

I created this photo of glass candle globes at Baylear on Pearl a couple weeks ago with Juli (Catgirl007). It was fun to see that Kim's textures turned red to green, then I brushed out the texture color on one of them to create quite the festive image.



It was quite a joyful day today! I chose to enjoy my "vacation" from a full-time job. ;->

Started out meeting my friend, Diana, for coffee. We both decided to brave the snow ladened roads and we both experienced a challenge getting out of our own neighborhoods. Now, what is more important than meeting a friend for coffee(!!) that even snow won't keep us from cancelling. We had a wonderful time. Thanks Diana for treating!

I came home to finish shoveling my driveway. Since we got about a foot of snow last night, I opted to help my elder neighbors out by shoveling their driveway. I am always concerned when we get this much of that white stuff that if they have an emergency they need to be able to get out quickly. While I was out there, another neighbor was also shoveling out. Pierre's dogs, Spirit and Seled, were out enjoying the stuff. But what caught my eye was that Spirit was just sitting in the snow! In fact, I couldn't pass up the photo op. By the time I got back to the house, grabbed my camera, Spirit was still sitting there. It was wonderful!



After I clicked a couple of times he started running toward me and I capture the most wonderful in-motion as he plowed through the snow! I'm really jazzed this the one below. This is pure JOY! I wish I could bottle that!



Okay, now it's time for some hot cocoa, a bit of TV (not just as background noise), and dinner. Oh, I guess I should eat! I don't think I got lunch. Ha!

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen and her 12 Days of Textures: wonderfulmagicstars and inspiredmanifesto (Spirit running); annabelle (Spirit sitting in snow); and providence and wonderfulmagicscripted (candles).

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful images. So much snow!
    best to you, my dear :-)
    Merry Christmas!

    ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic editings, love the mouse-over effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lissa, your photographs of Spirit are just beautiful.
    Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.
    I hope you had a beautiful Christmas.

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->