'

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's been a whirlwind!


I'm exhausted, but excited. It's been a whirlwind 5 days. When I learned that the owner of Creations Art and Gifts would make room for my work, I had to go figure out how to get those images out of my computer and produce quality prints and greeting cards—quickly. There's more to it than meets the eye. I've framed three of four prints. Hobby Lobby only packaged three of the four pieces of glass, so I will finish framing the fourth tomorrow. Also, I designed and order business cards.

In addition, I will be packaging 8 unframed prints tomorrow and 25 greeting cards will be ready on Thursday. Still 10 days of Christmas shopping left once I get these placed!!

The learning curve is steep and I've still got lots and lots to learn, but the good news is once I have some of these things in place it will be easier.

I think I'm ready for a vacation! But the next step is to research some online venues to generate sales. As a fellow photographer suggested, there are folks who wait until this last week or so before Christmas to make their purchases, so opportunities are still yet to be had for the short term.

Thanks to all my friends out there who have sent well-wishes. I really appreciate that you're in my circle.

Hope you're finding joy in your days.

laf

4 comments:

  1. Lissa am very excited for you on your venture! Would love to hear more about this..... best to you and hope you can learn all that you need to quickly. So where are your products going to be sold?? Think I have missed something here. Is sit Hobby Lobby? will go check you out if it is possible. Let me know.... Anyway.... good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... I see. it is creation art and gifts..... do they sell online??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to watching you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissa, this is truly so fantastic, and they are wonderful!
    So truly well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->