'

Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 days of Christmas evaporating!

mouseover for before image

I was wanting to participate in Kim Klassen's 12 Days of Christmas - each day she is providing a new texture and of course the idea is to use the texture and post the image. I've been so crazy busy that I haven't had time to even get started and today is already day 5! Does it count that I used two of her textures in this image? These roses are made of wood and I got them from Vickey at Creations Art and Gifts. My work is officially in the shop! First day in, two of my gift cards sold. Yippee! It might just be an omen of good things to come. I mean, they have LOTS of gift cards there. And someone found mine! It doesn't take much to please me.

By the way, do you think a print signed upside down is worth more than one signed properly, in the bottom right corner? Silly me, I signed in the bottom right corner, but I had the image upside down. ;-> It's all about creating a process and not letting the excitement and nerves get in the way.

This last week simply evaporated. And although, there's a part of me that feels I should keep working at this new business venture, I will be taking a break. I'm sure Kobi will be happy to take me for a walk and encourage me to take more pictures! Hopefully, I'll even get The Stroll out on Sunday.

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: annabelle, zuzu

4 comments:

  1. Lissa this is lovely, and of course when you use 2 textures it counts for twice. Know Kobi will be glad for you to take a walking break. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a balance between work and play. It is so easy to get lost in enthusiasm over a potential new business venture, but what makes your work so good is that you have the playtime which gives your images that freshness. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's hard to believe these roses are made of wood! I'm impressed with your textures.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->