'

Friday, December 9, 2011

Abundance comes in many shapes and sizes

mouseover for before image

Today was the first day of the rest of my life. I didn't have work to go to and at the beginning of the day the only thing I had scheduled was lunch with one of my treasured former colleagues. On the way to meet Jill I observed that the Rocky Mountains were obscured behind a white haze. It occurred to me that remarkable things are there even if we can't see them. I translated that to my dreams are out there even if I'm not sure what they are. There are good things in store for me even if I can't see them yet. Signs that I am hopeful. Lunch with a good friend was a wonderful time.

I stopped to see another friend who after many years making clocks from obsolete computer parts is seeing a breakthrough and her business, Makin' Time Computer Art Clocks, is beginning to take off. She is always busy preparing clocks for stock, participating in art shows, and being active in the community. She sent me off with a contact in Louisville who owns a creative art store, Creations Art & Gifts.

In a heartbeat, I stopped to meet Vickey, owner of Creations. I wasn't even prepared. No business cards. No samples of my photographs. No nothing. I just wanted to see what the shop was about and if my photos would even fit in there. I walked away with more hope after Vickey immediately shared with me the best way to display photographs from advice on framing; a discussion about the disadvantages of framing with glass; and to send her the link to my Flickr portfolio to see where to go from here. Vickey also suggested some framing vendors I could contact. She sent me off with a thank you gift, the yellow wooden rose.

Then I stopped at pARTiculars, a little art shop in Lafayette--right in myback yard! Suzanne talked to me about how the shop works. They are a coop. There are 25 owners and ~20 artists represented there. After I made a small purchase, she printed out their Consigning Artists Application. I found myself jumping into new possibilities and was hopeful that I might even be able to get some things ready for last minute holiday shoppers. I mentioned that I'd been laid off and wondered if I could get some items in before their open house next week. Unfortunately (for me), everything they consign goes through a jury process first. They won't be doing a jury before Christmas. Nevertheless, what a grand possibility. Something to think about and prepare for. Suzanne suggested I talk to Jackie Friesth about greeting card packaging. After sharing that my body did not seem to be in agreement with the thoughts I was trying to hold about "all good things," Suzanne picked up a tiny box and handed it to me saying, "This is my gift to you, the lemon and lavendar will help you relax." Inside were the tiny little beeswax lotion hearts she sells under the label Thirsty Hands. What a gift! Abundance is presenting itself already and I am welcoming it.

It was a marvelous day and I don't think it's over as I discovered Jackie has a creative framing art show this evening. I still have an hour. If I hurry, I can get to meet her!

Yes, abundance comes in many shapes and sizes. I loved photographing the rose and heart beeswax lotions to symbolize this day. I am grateful.

Thanks also to Pixel Dust: abstract, acceptance, intensify Hmmm ... I smile when I think of my choice of those textures.

4 comments:

  1. well, well, you had a GOOD day! I think you are off to a GREAT start for this new directions. You go girl!

    ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely strong signs from the universe that wonderful possibilities are there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day. Every day brings its own blessings and tomorrow will take care of itself. I'm so glad to hear you are getting out and making the most of your time. You never know what opportunities will come your way when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful to have these kinds of days once in awhile. Especially now when everything is so busy.
    What a beautiful photographs this is Lissa!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->