'

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day Tribute


I'm late to the party at 8:17pm on Veteran's Day, but decided to post this archive photo in honor of my father Colonel Lawrence G. Forbes who graduatued from West Point with honors, served 27 years in the U.S. Army, and retired in 1966, and lived to be 90.

I was fortunate to receive one of two flags given to my brother and me at his funeral in 2008. He is buried at West Point Cemetery. It was the most moving funeral I have ever attended.

The Scotsman is a cologne decanter that I gave Dad for Christmas in the 70s. The books on the right were written by his father in the early 1900s. The dolls were gifts to me as an adult by way of his travels during his latter years. The tile is the family crest. Of course, a major part of Dad's life was his 56-year marriage to my Mom who died in 1996.

I miss them.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice still life and so full of meaning. Your parent's knew they were very loved by you, I'm sure. That's the greatest tribute of all.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->