'

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Camino talisman

mouseover for before image
I'm getting ready for the big trek -- aiming for 50 miles in 5 consecutive days (11/19 - 11/23). No overnights, but no TV and no internet, so I'll be out of pocket for a while.

The talisman for the pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago in Spain is the scallop shell. I have one, but couldn't figure out how to attach it to my pack, so I had this one that I like that I acquired a very long time ago -- worn by many tumbles in the sea and sand. I love how it looks like a "C," could be for Camino. Maybe it was waiting for just this event.

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: shadesofnovember

2 comments:

  1. Will be thinking of you Lissa!
    I wish you the very best, and do let us know how it went.
    Love this photograph, but most of all the meaning of it, to you.

    Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a great evening!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely image and thank you for the story. Hope you have a wonderful trek. Visiting from I Heart Macro. kareninkenai

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->