'

Thursday, November 24, 2011

One Crow 2x over Heil Valley Ranch

mouseover for before image

I captured several photos of this crow in Heil Valley Ranch, Colorado. Superimposing one over another made for a nice image of flight and freedom. Kind of how my feet feel now that they're out of boots!!

What I know for sure after my trek -- I'm very grateful for comforts of home! A warm bed, electricity, and hot baths. Hot cocoa, homemade soup, and jammies.

I'm sure you're wondering if I made the 50 miles. Well, no. I did 35 in 4 days when my feet hurt so badly, I called Bill to pick me up (Tuesday 11/22). I was only ~1.5 to my car at the trailhead, but I had to make a choice.

Yesterday morning I discovered that I must have had a blister under my baby toe nail when I clipped it and suddenly it was seeping clear fluid. I know, nasty. Nevertheless, there was no way I was putting any more mileage on feet that couldn't walk in a shoe! Better today.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner with Scott.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Textures thanks to Shadowhouse Creations

1 comment:

  1. I think you did an amazing job! Not everyone could walk that far! Hope your toe gets better soon, hope you are snug and warm, hope you had a marvelous Thanksgiving :-)

    ~~karen

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->