'

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Barn at Grasso Park in Superior, Colorado

One more from my short 3 mile stroll along Coal Creek from Superior, Colorado yesterday.



This is the barn at Grasso Park. "It is intended to illustrate a small family farm operation typical of the turn of the last century. A number of buildings used by long-time coal miner and farmer Frank Grasso are located on the site, including a small house, barn, root cellar, privy, woodshed and a bungalow. There are also three pieces of machinery all used in farming operations around Superior in the old days. Grasso Park is an inviting environment for all but it is especially attractive as a place for children to explore and for family picnics."  ~ description from Superior Historian, Volume 2, Issue 2 Summer, 2004 August, 2004

Textures thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: Stained5

1 comment:

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->