'

Friday, July 6, 2012

Beyond Layers: Another Color Storyboard

This is really a fun application. I know some of my friends have been doing this color storyboard/color palette thing for some time, but since it's new to me, I'm having fun experimenting.

Thanks to Kim Klassen for texture: Phoebe

Now, you know it's hot when the butter melts just sitting on the kitchen counter! This was taken a couple of weeks ago, but as much of the country is experiencing, we have been experiencing record heat. Today we are cooling off just a bit and should only get up to 88º. That will feel cool by comparison!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, another creative idea, using a shaped brush stamp...nicely done! Makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lissa, congratulations :) you took the challenge one step further and used a different stamp. what a delightful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work! I just followed you by email today.
    Laurie @ Pride in Photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny it is to see this.
    For us, 88 was cooling off today too.
    I left some butter on the counter a few hours before dinner, and guess what???
    Love your color board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butter...that's nothing. You should see how much I've been melting lately. Not pretty! I like the brushes and colors you used for this. :)

    Oh, and please ignore my deleted comment. I had a couple pages up, and I started typing in the wrong box. Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you would have asked, I would never have guessed this was butter melting! It looks so cool when actually it shows how HOT it was! Great palette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little colour buttons! How clever!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->