'

Monday, July 16, 2012

Behind the Scenes: Photowalk, Layout, and Effects

Sometimes we just have to walk away ... from the computer, that is. I mean, really ... how do we get content, where do we get photos to process if we never go outside. So last night I took Kobi for our semi-ritual walk down the path near my house to Coal Creek. Kobi is always patient and accommodating. I think it's his favorite time. But now he's looking back at me saying, "Mom, what's that thing at the end of our path?" ;->

In Behind the Scenes, we were asked to share our surroundings and play with layout. I don't have Lightroom, so I did my layout in InDesign--another way to arrange and size photos.

I got my fences in there too for Beyond Layers. They aren't very glamorous, but they're there.

I had some fun trying my hand at a little painterly effect (upper right) and different blending modes to give the sky several different looks.

Added the before and after of this as an after-thought.

mouseover for before image

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen and Texture Tuesday: Reverie and Scriptededges

7 comments:

  1. Lissa, I'm not sure which I love more...the fences or the big, wide sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all beautiful but I think the top left is my favorite! And you need to get Lightroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shot of Kobi on the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice....I like your layout. I looked up InDesign. Appears it's for Photoshop. I have Photoshop Elements. I can still put together a layout but it's a little more difficult.
    Beautiful transformation of the sky in your "trail" image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa, this is wonderful, and I love your layout here.
    I have just begun to play with InDesign and Illustrator. "Play" here is the operative word. Seems like an awful lot to learn, but that's kind of the same way I felt the first few times using Photoshop. So much I want to learn, so little time to do it in! :-)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful surroundings Lissa! I too like the wide open spaces. Your textured effect is very nice ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a transformation! Love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->