'

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Walk and Click Wednesdays #21: Tom Frost Reservoir

It's time for Walk and Click Wednesday! Thank you all for joining in last week. Looks like we're growing! Pass the word that it's fun to Walk and Click, discover new areas of your town, city, state and gather together to share. There are so many benefits: increased awareness, metaphorical lessons, a sense of peace and joy in discovering the beauty around us. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've found this week.

I was finally able to enjoy my Walk and Click without the pressure of the job search! OMG, what a wonderful feeling.


This past weekend as the weather warmed, I adventured to Broomfield again. I found a new pond ... Tom Frost Reservoir. The first sight that greeted my eyes was an abundance of geese ... yes, more geese ...


and ducks!


And even caught a duck in flight!


I loved the metal sculpture "Lotus" by Matt Cartwright (2006) ... it's a lovely bench cocooned within the metal structure.


I met Goldie and her owner, Sheryl ... we enjoyed part of the walk together talking about our dogs, our work, and learning that we had quite a bit in common ... our age and a history of knee problems! lol Fortunately, mine have gotten better for the habit of walking that I have developed over the last year and a half.


Amazingly, we saw these sled dogs in training while pulling their owner who were riding bicycles. They must have passed us at least three times. Fun times.

Please know I'm so grateful for each and every one of you who join in this linky. Now that I'm working full-time it may take me a little longer to visit each of you, but I promise I will. ;->

~~~~~

I look forward to seeing you here for Walk and Click Wednesdays. Can't wait to see what you saw on your strolls.

Please join me in the adventure. The only "requirement" other than those below is that you go out walking and take some pictures. Please keep in mind that you don't have to walk, take pictures, process them, and post all on Wednesday ... take the weekend before to explore and a few days to process your photos ... then link up.

Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday at midnight.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->




13 comments:

  1. Hi! The photo of a duck in flight is stunning cool. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic shots, next week I will join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Lotus" sculpture is fantastic! Wonderful place for man-made art amidst mother nature's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the close up of the ducks on the frozen pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful winter scenes! The duck in flight is amazing! I'm linking up with you for the first time! I love nature, walking, and my camera, so it seems like a nice fit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sled dogs got me so giddy....thanks for sharing.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful images. I´m linking up with you for the first time, I love walking with my camera! Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful birds! Love that lotus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lissa, those ducks are just beautiful, and I just love the colors you have captured. I always feel so sorry for them at this time of year, but they really do seem to do just fine in spite of the cold.

    This looks like a great place to visit, and little Kobi looks like he was having a great time. Thank you for taking us along with you!

    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blue skies Lissa I'm afraid I have been housebound this week still getting over my bug so no post from me but next week hopefully I will be back... I love the Lotus what a great thing to photograph...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those duckies walking on the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just letting you know that I have just found you and added you to my Meme-Aholics blog! A link to this meme will appear each Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->