'

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Creative Expression: Dream Board 2013

Running a little late on getting my Dream Board completed this year (usually a New Year's Day party project), but today I was finally able to meet with my friend, Sharon. We had a grand time catching up on life and working on our respective projects. It was interesting how we went periods of time concentrating so much that the silence surrounded us like a comforting blanket.

Click the image to see a larger version. 
Images are those that "spoke" to me from magazines. Derivative creation is original.

I find it amusing that I liked the image (top center) of the eyeballs. I wonder if there is something about visioning in this year that I have not contemplated. Most of the rest of this piece speaks to my One Little Word: Contentment, I do believe. I look forward to more time out in nature and must take time to read more. Now that I've found work, I think I can relax into some pleasure reading. And of course, there must always be "a Place for Paws (and Pause). ;->

Some of the text that may be too small to read even in the larger version:
  • Our focus is clear
  • Seeing the light
  • A handful of no regrets
  • Growing dreams ... working wonders
What I find with creating dream boards is that often I choose some pictures that have no immediate connection for me; I just like them. But amazingly, as the year unfolds it often all becomes quite clear.

Afterward my friend and I shared some soup and bread (sorry to say it wasn't my best!) and chat a bit more before she headed home before sunset.

I did add a layer of Kim Klassen's paperlove to help make the colors pop since they were a bit flat in my photo.

Update: If you've never done a Dream Board or Vision Board, it's easy. Just flip through some magazines (they don't have to be current, and older ones can be found free in a variety of places). Don't over-think it, just  choose things that grab your attention, that "jump off the page" for you. Then arrange them on a poster board in any way you like; glue them down. There you have it. Easy. It's fun to see what emerges/manifests as the year progresses.

8 comments:

  1. Aye, aye. The eyes have it and your vision is clear, me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice Dream Board. I hope you'll share with us, at the end of the year, about those images that don't have a connection at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Maybe I'll try my hand at a Dream Board next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I will have to give this a try. It would be interesting to see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun to do this, and you can learn so much about yourself to see what you are attacted to. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea, and a beautiful board, Lissa.
    I especially love "A Place for Paws." :-)
    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lissa, I do so enjoy your postings and the wonderful creativity you have. I do a poster board occasionally and after seeing yours, think I'll look through some of my old magazines and see what I can come up with.
    Yours is great!
    Mable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea. I already collect mag pics. But think ill be putting them on a board now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->