'

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Creative Expression: Geese Walking on Water

Several days ago, our sub-freezing temperatures began to thaw, but McKay Lake in Broomfield, Colorado was still frozen. It seemed to make a nice resting place for the geese.

Click image to see larger view in Flickr

If you look closely just below the tree line, those little black dots are all geese huddling together on the ice. As I got closer, they got more skeptical and cautious ... standing, walking, and honking ... moving away from me.

It was such a pristine and peaceful place with a bench at the end of a mini-pier. I sat for a tidbit enjoying the crisp air and the sunshine sparkling on the ice while listening to the quiet.


While walking back to the car with Kobi, I caught the light on the waning cattails ... there's something about them that I just love.

Textures thanks to Pixel Dust: Brown Rice Paper, Etched in Stone

5 comments:

  1. Love the image with the geese. I think I could sit watch for for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great frames for the photos. I have always been drawn to cat tails. must be the color and the texture. Can't wait to hear how the new job is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a peaceful place. Love the images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They always look so cold to me at this time of year, but what a beautiful scene this is, Lissa.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->