'

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Meet Mr. Goop - The Gluttonous Squirrel

As I was making my coffee this morning, I looked out the kitchen window and saw Mr. Goop hanging out in the tree with a frozen hot dog!! (The high today was 16º!!) I wonder where he found it. The only thing I can think is I live in a neighborhood with other Mr. Goops who tossed their leftovers. LOL I am constantly seeing squirrels in my yard with big wads of food and can't for the life of me figure out where they're getting it.

Textures thanks to Pixel Dust: Virtually Vintage
click image to see larger in Flickr

I remember learning this poem about manners when I was young and every time I encounter gluttony or poor manners, it comes back.

Just a couple close-ups here since the details are a bit hard to see in the collage.



Hope you are enjoying your weekend and finding a good treat to eat!

9 comments:

  1. Great details in your close ups. I hope that hot dog is only frozen, it loos kinda moldy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A frozen hotdog that is a new one. We always 4 or 5 squirrels around our bird feeder in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrels are just fun subjects!!! They love to pose!! Thanks for stopping by my place and saying hello, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny! It looks like he's smoking a cigar! I never heard that poem before but I bet my granddaughter Quinn would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely hilarious, Lissa!!
    It's almost as big as he is.
    So glad you saw this, as it is such a perfect photograph.
    A whole hot dog....hmmmm, he's got a stash somewhere!
    Happy Monday to you!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it...the pictures and the poem! Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize squirrels could be carnivorous! Hey, when you're hungry you'll eat just about anything, eh?

    I LOVE to watch the squirrel drama unfolding daily in our yard, and we - my husband mainly - keeps them fed.

    Loved the poem too. :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's hysterical Lissa!Where are they coming up with their stash of food?? It makes me think of one of those kids movies where the animals talk and have a little society!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny! Poor little squirrel, having to eat frozen food!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->