'

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Little Word 2012: Abundance

For the past five years, I hosted a Dream Board party to create a visual intention for the coming year. I'd have several friends come share the experience. We always had a grand time, but this year I chose to spend the time privately doing the same but in a different way. I joined Ali Edwards' One Little Word 2012 project. The foundation is scrapbooking, but I will be doing it digitally.

I'm having fun creating my manifestation pages for ABUNDANCE. First, I took a couple images of money filling up and spilling out of a liqueur glass.

Texture for the above image thanks to Kim Klassen: embrace


Then, using ideas from Ali's templates, I created my definition page that includes synonyms, quotations, invitations, reasons I chose the word, and images I took that remind me of my goal.

Background thanks to Pixel Dust

My word came to me as I walked my Mini-Camino of 36 miles in four days at Thanksgiving last year. I noticed so much awesome wildlife: crows, deer, squirrels. There were many friendly faces of hikers and mountain bikers who all greeted me with "have a good day." I was able to capture so much beauty in images that I shared through The Stroll, a photo-journal I published for a full year.

I realized that all the things I want in life are available abundantly: energy, companionship, joy, inspiration, fulfillment, and fun. My job is to recognize them and embrace all opportunities to engage and enjoy this life. I believe that financial abundance will come as I walk this path with open eyes and an open heart.

The quotes I found address issues I want to work on: "acting as if" and screening out doubts and fears.

"Act the part and you will become the part." ~ William James

“I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and abundance. Then whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal and soon they’ll forget my number.” ~ Edith Armstrong

My hope for you is that you set an intention for the coming year and hold it close. Pay attention. Embrace what comes.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and project lissa! Perhaps you would enjoy reading ONE THOUSAND GIFTS by Ann Voskamp. I am really loving it, and would fit right in and enhance your word, abundance! Will love to hear more about your project for this year. Best wishes in this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lissa, I truly enjoyed reading this post, and your work here is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Lissa. I've created some inspiration boards before as well and when I look back at them, I can see what I have accomplished and can see what wasn't really so important, or those too would have been accomplished. I love the digital scrapbooking avenue for you- it ties in perfectly with everything else you do. And may I borrow your quotes? They are good inspirations in many arenas. ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissa - Thanks for sharing this project. I love the Edith Armstrong quote. It makes me smile! As usual, you have inspired me!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->