'

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I think I've got it backwards!

I had an awakening today. It's been FOUR weeks already since I was laid off! Quite amazing. I don't know where the time goes. What I do know is I have been loving taking pictures, blogging, looking at others' photos and blogs, flickring, and playing with pictures (levels adjustsments, cropping, texturing, overlays, posting), and did I say blogging?) But I think I've got it backwards because I spend all day doing that and look for work at night! Maybe. Hmmm, maybe the maybe is about photos and blogging IS my work or should be my work. I'll have to think about that. Well, on to the cool pics.

Yesterday I awoke early to the most a.m.a.z.i.n.g sunrise. I'm rarely up early enough for the sunrise, but this one made the whole world glow pink! I jumped out of bed, ran for my camera, and stood in my arcadia door in my nightshirt and undies looking up at the sky through the tree branches. Is it possible there is an angel watching over me? Do you see her? And I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing?


mouseover for before image

I love seeing things differently. Seeing visually from different perspectives helps me see life in new ways. I loved taking this picture of an angel from below. She's holding a heart in her hands. It reminded me to be gentle with myself. There will be time enough to get up early, jump in the shower, get dressed, slip into the car for a commute, work in an office bringing my talent to the corporate world, and then play that in reverse.


mouseover for before image

Since it's already the 5th of January, I thought it was time to choose a journal even though I've done most of my journaling of late on my computer. I pulled out some very cool blank journals I bought FIVE years ago. You see, I'm pretty moody about what I write in. The last few years I went through a phase of using composition notebooks with different colorfully designed covers. On the one hand, I know how picking up a pen/pencil and physically writing in a journal can bring an earthy groundedness to the experience. It helps me slow down. It helps me feel and be in touch with physical materials. On the other hand, typing is faster. I can keep up with my thoughts better. Nevertheless, I loved the message on the one below: Follow Your Own Star.



Maybe, just maybe, following my own star with that angel watching over me, I will find the abundance in all things that I'm looking for.

What pink glows, angels, and messages have made it into your early days of the new year? Are you paying attention? Are you listening? They come quietly, you know. Whispering.

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen on the angel (embrace) and journals (phoebe).

5 comments:

  1. This too is amazing! What a beautiful sunrise you captured. And I agree: Follow your own star.
    Happy Thursday! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lissa, this is such a beautiful journal, and it looks like the perfect one to begin a new year with! Your sunrise is absolutely magnificent, and I love your little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lissa - Love, love, love the sunrise with the barren trees and the angel. What a cool image! You are truly watched over. Keep trusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..love your post and love what you did with Kim Klassens texture. I think I might have the same angel in my collection .

    Cheers,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Saw this photo and thought I'd come check out your blog. Love this quote. . .

    ""Act the part and you will become the part." ~

    Love your photos!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->