'

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Walk and Click Wednesdays #26: Missed Opportunity, but ...

It's time for Walk and Click Wednesdays!

First I want to express my excitement that WCW is growing. Thanks to all of you who are dedicating time to exploring your world and sharing it through your images here. I have noticed that we span the globe with many of you coming from overseas: Korea, Singapore, Spain, Slovakia, Thailand, Tunisia, The Netherlands, United Kingdom ... and spanning the US from coast to coast. I am so grateful to see you all each week.

I missed my opportunity to get out for a walk on Saturday when the sun was shining. I chose to get some work done on my book project, then spent quite a bit of time on Sunday as well since we got a foot of snow! I only went out to shovel!!

Nevertheless, I took some opportunities to capture what was going on around me ...


The traffic was moving so slowly, I couldn't resist capturing the conditions as I drove to work earlier this week.


And this from a colleagues window later in the day ...


Kobi loves the snow ... I wasn't up for taking him out to explore, but that didn't keep him for exploring his own back yard though and bring in a bit ... my sweet little SnowBeard!

Sometimes my walks only taking me down the hall at work ...



These quotes are posted in the rest rooms by one of our employees who likes to share a bit of wisdom and inspire. I coined it "bathroom wisdom" today when I asked who posts these wonderful bits. I was informed that this special person changes the quotes weekly. BTW, the quotes are just posted as a simple B/W printout and I enhanced them to look a bit more artsy. ;->

All images this week are cell phone pics. Textures thanks to Kim Klassen and Shadowhouse Creations.

~~~~~

I look forward to seeing you here for Walk and Click Wednesdays. Can't wait to see what you saw on your strolls.

Please join me in the adventure. The only "requirement" other than those below is that you go out walking and take some pictures. Please keep in mind that you don't have to walk, take pictures, process them, and post all on Wednesday ... take the weekend before to explore and a few days to process your photos ... then link up.

Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday at midnight.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->




17 comments:

  1. Hi Lissa, You've got plenty of snow - good to have time enough in traffic! And the bathroom~ wisdom quote is lovely! This is my first time joining to your Wednesday Walk blog hop, thank you so much for hosting!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason that W & C Weds is growing is "Your Input". You're making this fun. We're all loving being here.
    Enjoyed your post. Snow.....? I remember it well....
    Kobi looks great!
    I'm still "Whack-along-at-the-crack-of-dawn & Click" this week, but that's cool.
    Have a great day! - every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your book project is going well. Your snow looks like our snow at home, not where I was this weekend. They have LOTS of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Beautiful captures! I like the second photo very much.
    Thank yo for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outdoor as well as indoor shots :) Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Nina. WCW is growing because it's so fun to be here and share! I love the fact that we're scattered from across the globe. I'm seeing parts of the world I'll never get to visit! Love your beautiful snow images! Kobi's snow beard makes me laugh! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shots. The snow beard on Kobi is too cute. And that ride to work looked like a slow one...eek. Thanks for the fun link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of like that bathroom wisdom - I could use gentle reminders like that at work. Your dog is adorable - cute little snow beard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bathroom wisdom, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww, that sweet little boy looks so sweet.
    Such a wonderful photo of him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lissa!! I'm so happy to be able to contribute again to Walk & click! : )
    That second bathroom sign is very poignant -- I may have to post that in my own bathroom ! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely

    I have problems linking up... I have tried several times but something went wrong

    Here is my link: http://myhealingmoments.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/day-36552.html

    Maybe, I´ll try again later on. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are wonderful iphone shots! I love the bathroom wisdom! What a great coworker! I'm hoping to link up sometime but not enough time today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad I don't have to deal with icy roads! But I pay dearly for it (to live in Calif. is expensive!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not envy you driving in that awful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I love it all covered with snow. and nice profile of Kovi. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really wonderful photograph post ~ love your dog ^_^

    Thanks for your comments ~ slow to respond (had flu bug)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->