'

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Creative Expression: Revisiting Northern Colorado for Photo Art Friday

I'm joining Bonnie for Photo Art Friday. Her theme this week is abstracts ... this isn't exactly as much an abstract as it is a collage/mosaic or landscape creation. She asked that we use her texture Dropped Petals, one other texture, and one or two images.

I went a bit further: this collage contains five images and three textures. I found it fun to do this as it made for a more complete landscape of what I saw on my trip several weeks ago when I captured a pair of Bald Eagles in Northern Colorado west of Ft. Collins. For some reason I was drawn to revisit the eagles and other captures from that trip and meet Bonnie's challenge.

click the image to see larger view in Flickr

It looks like I've missed the sunshine this weekend, which only lasted a few hours this morning. The grey clouds of a snow storm are rolling in. I guess my weekend pics for next weeks' Walk and Click Wednesday might be white or at least grey.

Textures thanks to Pixel Dust: Dropped Petals, Virtually Vintage, Statement Frames.

17 comments:

  1. Lissa this is lovely, and so represents colorado! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this especially as I did a collage of a day by the sea and wasn't sure about it. Having seen your collage I feel happier with mine! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, Love this. Has a very vintage southwest feel to it, must be the colors. Welcome to my world of white and gray for WCW. Although I actually have sunshine in mine for next week. It's a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the composition of fine textures and colors, is wonderful ... good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous piece of photo art Lissa. Great editing and wonderful use of textures to hold your images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the colour scheme and all the elements together have peaceful pastoral feel to me. Thanks for stopping be and leaving such an encouraging comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful piece. What a great way to showcase your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the warm tones. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done...a rich montage of the area. Love your layering of images and textures.

    xoxo

    P.S. Love the donkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooo love how you did this, with all the 'lines'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like expensive wall paper - suitable for a man cave - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this, Lissa.
    All of the layers are wonderful, and such fantastic tones.
    I picture this hanging on a wall for all to see.
    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such an extraordinarily powerful piece, Lissa. I love your approach. while most everyone saw it as an abstract, you've approached it as more of a mental abstraction. this is remarkable. the collage aspect as well the mosaic is pretty much abstract to BEgin with, I think, so how you've "painted" this is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow- that is so cool. I love the colors and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful collage. Very rustic but dream-like at the same time. I love the golden light effect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cool! Love the pacing and tones of it! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->