'

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Walk and Click Wednesdays #25: Bits and Pieces

It's time for Walk and Click Wednesdays! How did that happen? I have know idea where the time went. I even had an extra weekend day with the President's Day holiday!

Somehow I got behind the eight ball this week and never got a real adventure walk in. Hmmm ... I guess my day job is getting in the way of my avocation ... keeping up with my creative side and my blog.

No, I'm not complaining! I'm very happy to be working, thank you. ;->

So, this week, I'm posting just a few bits and pieces ... little jewels that caught my eye as I wandered through my days.


This cute little bench is outside my office. Last week we got snow ... not much as you can see since this was the morning after. We could use more moisture. Should get some later this week. I wish we'd get  a good one, but it doesn't seem to be in the forecast.


I met my friend, Shirley, for coffee at the Red Frog in Longmont, Colorado. Neat little coffee shop. They even have a red frog statue outside the front door and although I noticed it, I missed the photo opp.

We visited for a bit, then got down to work. I worked on laying out the manuscript for the book project I've had going for a bit. Permissions for quotes are holding us up, but it was good to get a reader's copy finished so my client can send it out to solicit endorsements. Shirley worked on critiquing works from her writing group. Six hours later I was on my way to get Kobi out before the sun set.

Since I hadn't gotten around to planning an adventurous outing, I just took Kobi to the dog park in Lafayette. He just loves running around with his pals and picking up disgustingly filthy rogue tennis balls! I love the long shadows of the setting sun. Yep, that's me ... cheating on a selfie! ;->

~~~~~

I look forward to seeing you here for Walk and Click Wednesdays. Can't wait to see what you saw on your strolls.

Please join me in the adventure. The only "requirement" other than those below is that you go out walking and take some pictures. Please keep in mind that you don't have to walk, take pictures, process them, and post all on Wednesday ... take the weekend before to explore and a few days to process your photos ... then link up.

Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday at midnight.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->



19 comments:

  1. Hi! Your photo of long shadows of the setting sun is very impressive.
    Thank you for your hosting. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos, warm post, as always.
    My submission is more ride and click than walk and click today. Is that OK....?
    Have a great week! - what's left of it.
    PS: I'm snookered at the moment - can't see the 8-ball at all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love vintage car photo...reminds me my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light flare on the vintage truck is wonderful. Sounds like you were still very busy for the weekend. Six hours working on your project, good for you. I am ready to do done with snow, so you can happily have some of ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo from the park. The long shadows make for a really interesting shot! I know what you mean about the week getting away from you. I really don't know where the time runs off to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunset on the truck is beautiful, and your shadow photo makes me grin because I also love to take pics of my shadow except by legs are never that long :) Have a great week Lissa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the peek around your area! The sunbursts on the old car are awesome and the light on your last shot is so golden and warm! Really nice shadow composition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love long shadows. I keep trying to get my dog in one but he moves too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just found this blog. Love everyone's entries. Will visit them more thoroughly as time allows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blog ~ wonderful photography and hope to link up today or next week ~ am your latest GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Lissa, I'm joining in for the first time. I've been wanting to for several weeks. This morning I actually did take a walk and wrote a blog post about it, so here I am. I love your photo of that old car! Such beautiful light! And you self portrait? My, what loooong legs you have, my dear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad to find this quality blog and blog hop ~ back again next week ~ thanx ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool selfie! I sympathize with trying to balance work with your creative side!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent compositions, I like these delicious textures of snow on the bank and the beautiful light on the car.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your shots Lissa! My goodness, you are much taller than I imagined. LOL! Thank you for hosting this lovely meme

    ReplyDelete
  16. what long legs you have my dear! - love your shadow pic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shadow is hilarious...looks like you are on stilts. Little Kobi so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you are nicely adapting to your new time constraints and still able to share and inspire!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness, Lissa, your shadow lined up with the fence is simply perfect. What a great shot.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->