'

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mindful Writing Day 2012: Small Stones 1 - 3

Today is Mindful Writing Day 2012 with Fiona Robyn. There are over 1200 people participating on her Facebook page. You can find further instructions at her website, Writing Our Way Home.

When I heard about this day, today November 1, my mind began to gather and I captured these small stones on one of my walks. There is still time, so if you are inclined, open your senses, gather small stones, and contribute on the Mindful Writing Day Facebook page.




Texture thanks to Kim Klassen: Naturally

I was also inspired to put my small stones together with images by Aubryn Stevens who does Daily Lyric Photos to promote art and music. Of course, I know about putting text with photos from Kim Klassen, but I was intrigued by Aubryn's compositions.

What might you discover if you look ... if you open up to listening to your soul? Can't wait to read all the small stones gathered today. ;-> 

6 comments:

  1. Your small stones and images are beautiful! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes lovely images defy description. And sometimes they don't. Nice job, Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your small stones!!! and this is just what I needed in my day! Writing our way home looks like something that would be so meaningful to me in my life right now. You have hit me just where I needed to be hit for this moment! THANKS LISSA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written Lissa. The windmill image is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the prior delete...technical issue...or maybe user issue...lol!

    Hi Lissa! That first photograph, especially, is captivating! The texture is oh-so-yummy ;)

    This is a fascinating project you're working on...with the words. It reminds me that when I went to college, I studied the sciences and took technical writing courses. I feel as though creative writing was beat out of me. I think thats one of the reasons I tend towards the visual...expression through photography rather than words. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->