'

Monday, November 5, 2012

Beyond Layers: Quote Challenge

Today in Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers, she challenged her followers to come up with a quote for an image she took at Huntington Beach, CA during the Shutter Sisters Oasis.

Although many saw the woman on the beach in the image of a duck, I enlarged it and saw that it appeared the woman was wrapped in a towel. This led me to wonder about the chill in the air and I discovered a quote referencing the chill of one's spiritual environment. I thought this very fitting and proceeded to process the photo to accentuate that feeling.

mouseover to see Kim Klassen's original image

I love how everyone came up with a unique idea that expressed what might have been going on in this setting. If this woman runs across all this different version, I wonder what she might think.

Kim's textures used: scriptededges, ugglovesepia, felicity, emptypage

7 comments:

  1. yes, it has been fun to see everyone's take on the photo and thus their quote selection...yours is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you processed the image and I love the quote you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image and the processing also

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to leave a comment the other day, but my husband called on facetime...so I never hit the "publish" button. Silly me.

    What I remember saying was...I really love the part of the quote "Refuse to be Average."

    Oh, and I saw the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series; the foreign versions. When I was younger, I wanted to look like Lisbeth Salander. My current career does not allow me to have that look ;) For me, it is a look, a style. For some, a way of life. For others, that look is a way to protect themselves...as most people avoid them or are at times fearful of them. When I did have a half shaved head with blue streaks, people treated me differently. I enjoyed getting a "rise" out of people and observing just how prejudiced humans can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the layers and the iridescence in the corners.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->