'

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Walk and Click Wednesdays #8: Breaking Through People Photo Phobia

Today signifies a bit of a different kind of walk ... I stepped into a new world ... that of portrait photography. Although, I was certain there was no reason to be concerned, this type of photography has not been in my realm of specialty. You, my readers, know that I stick to nature and landscape photos.

As I drove to Sylvia and Terry Keepers' home, all I could think is this will help me get over my People Photo Phobia. What a great couple to "cut my portrait teeth" on. They are gentle, warm, caring souls and I am lucky to have met them.

I'm working on Terry's new book: Homesteading the Soul: A Spiritual Apprenticeship with a Prairie Grandfather, which we hope to have completed by January/February 2013 (maybe sooner). I've done the cover design, will be laying out the interior, and am providing self-publishing consulting. It's a very engaging book, which brought laughter and tears alike as Terry pulled me in and made me love his real-life characters.



A candid moment in which I asked them to remember a secret.

A pensive moment ...

Terry's book is a captivating amalgam of memoir,  history, and philosophy. I know you will love to curl up under a comforter with a warm brew and escape to another time, as I did.

More to come ... I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Learn more about them:

Keystone Court Press
Terry Keepers - Shamanic Arts Studio
Sylvia Keepers - Tutor Trainer

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you're all having a great week. I look forward to seeing you here for Walk and Click Wednesdays. Can't wait to see what you saw on your strolls.

Please join me in the adventure. The only "requirement" other than those below is that you go out walking and take some pictures. Please keep in mind that you don't have to walk, take pictures, process them, and post all on Wednesday ... take the weekend before to explore and a few days to process your photos ... then link up.

Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday at midnight.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->
See you all soon!

5 comments:

  1. My favorite subject is people so I loved seeing these portraits. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful portraits! What warm, loving people. You really capture their essence. So glad you are enjoying the book project! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting (and fun!) project this must be, Lissa!
    I just love these photographs, especially the last one.
    Hmmmm, I wonder what the secret was???
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your 'People Photos'. Way to go for trying something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a big people picture taker either. You did a wonderful job with these folks and her books sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->