'

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tales from Kobi: Mom Graduated!

My mom's been a little wonky lately. ;-> Last week she got a new cell phone ... an HTC EVO V 4G--graduating from the Blackberry Bold she's had for three years. She was so excited to get it, then had a little trouble with the transition and was without a working phone for a full day. Wow ... you'd think that would be a pleasant reprieve, but I can tell you she was a bit stressed out.

Now that she's had the phone a week, she's doing great, but honestly, she's a bit addicted. I think she pets that phone more than she pets me!!

Anyway, she wanted me to let you know what a great deal she got. The phone was on sale on Virgin Mobile, so she got a $60 discount and the phone is paid for. And the best part--her monthly bill is almost half that of her previous service with T-Mobile and she didn't even have text. So now she has almost as many talk minutes and unlimited text and data. It's a lot to get used to I guess, but I think she's got it down now. She even downloaded a Flashlight app last night and shined it all over me. ;-> Cool.


In addition, she got a neat protective case for almost nothing on Amazon. She calls it her faux iPhone. I mean, geez, it has lots of the same features and even some advantages. She currently has 8GB storage, but rather than buying a new phone to increase it, she can just buy a new chip. Yay!

Now that she's got it figured out, all is good in her world again and things are starting to settle down around here.

I just gotta love that she features me on her phone(s). Now that's love, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Kobi...thanks for sharing that mom graduated☺
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Kobi, you'll get your mom back soon. But expect her to chase after you with the phone's camera!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->