'

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Walk and Click Wednesdays #6: SERENITY

The text book definition of serenity is The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled: "an oasis of serenity."

Synonyms: calmness, hush, peace, peacefulness, placidity, quiet, quietness, quietude, repose, restfulness, sereneness, calm, still, stillness, tranquility

I suspect some may not consider the chaos of lots of dogs at a dog part serene, but what I did find tranquil was the surroundings.

Although the temperature only got up to about 50º today and clouds blanketed the sky, the brown carpet of winter grass in contrast with the indigo sky provided a placid backdrop. I found it peaceful to let Kobi to play with new friends, to chat with strangers, and to get a bit of exercise regardless of the temperature.


Yep, that's my Kobi on the bottom right ... he found a rope toy at the park and wow, he was off and running teasing the other dogs. I only had my new HTC phone with me, so it was challenging to capture all the dogs in motion. Glad I got this anyway.

No more prompts .... <sigh>

I know some of you like prompts, but I want to return to my original thought for this venue--to go out for a walk at least once a week and discover something unnoticed, unseen before. Honestly, I don't like being pre-programmed ... I like to just go out and see what I see ... allow myself to discover something new even if I'm walking the same path for the 15th time. I believe there is growth that occurs in the discovery that can't be experienced when one is looking for something that someone else prescribes.

I hope you'll join me in the adventure. The only "requirement" other than those below is that you go out walking and take some pictures. Please keep in mind that you don't have to walk, take pictures, process them, and post all on Wednesday ... take the weekend before to explore and a few days to process your photos ... then link up.

Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday at midnight.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->
See you all soon!

7 comments:

  1. I did like your prompts and I always did a walk about Wednesday with you. I didn't always post it on my blog or link to you, but I must thank you for opening my eyes to my world in my yard. Living in the country I was a little afraid of what the prompts would be for winter as I know we'll soon be seeing white for quite a few months. I'll still take my walk around the yard, and when life quiets down a little, I'll be joining you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prompts that keep my eyes and ears open as I walk my dogs! I can see how Kobi brings you serenity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did capture serenity at the dog park! We have two Westies and one of my great joys is to watch them playing with each other and other dogs. I will definitely join up with you on a Wednesday walk one day soon. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful possibilities for this one, Lissa.
    I love the way you've presented your photographs here.
    Really so nice, and of course, it is always wonderful to see "my" little sweetheart, Kobi.

    Thank you for hosting.
    Wishing you a wonderful evening!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have sworn I left a comment here, but don't see it, so I'll leave it again: being with my puppies is a surefire way to find serenity! Love the joyful look on Kobi's face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of Kobi teasing the other dogs is priceless! And reminds me so much of my Reggie...that is something she would do ;)

    I've been busier than ever. But let me tell you, it is sure nice to stop by your blog to share some smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that I made it to link up just in time. I totally understand about no prompts. I will use whatever comes into my head that day for my prompt :)
    I wish Riley and Scout could handle going to the dog park. It would not be serenity that is for sure. Stress yes.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->