'

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Walk and Click Wednesdays #4: CHANGING

Things are changing all around ... and inside of us ... small things, big things. As the season changes from summer to autumn flowers and leaves die. Flowers turn brown, leaves turn gold and red and brown. They have their own beauty in this stage.


Texture thanks to Kim Klassen: Grunge

I have often wondered then why we don't see the beauty in the death of our loves ones. How does one make that leap? How can we possibly see beauty when we grieve our loss? It occurs to me that a reason we don't grieve the loss of summer or even autumn is because we will see it come around again next year. We know we won't see our loved ones return next year, at least in the way we've known them. But, you see, the beauty of the flowers and the trees isn't the same either. Even perennials don't have exactly the same blossoms. They may look similar, but not the same. Is it possible our loved ones just appear in a different way after their physical bodies are no longer present? We might experience them in a breeze, the warmth of the sun, or a memory.



Texture thanks to Kim Klassen: Grunge

I also wonder why I haven't seen the loss of my job so clearly. Although I know my season was over at my last job, this latest season of dormancy continues. I'm waiting for the blossoms eagerly and am finding that I must wait and watch for signs of life. I must pay attention to what brings pleasure and the rest will follow. Is grieving the loss of a job any different than grieving the loss of a loved one?

If you've made it this far, are you uncomfortable? Our society quivers like the loosening leaves in fall when talking about loss and change, and especially death. But we all endure it. We all make it through. I wonder if we were to view our personal losses the same as we view the changes of seasons if it might be easier--if we would see the delays, the waiting, as simply part of the process that takes its own time.

Regardless, I find beauty in shuffling out of my house and delight in the colors. I hope you do too. I look forward to seeing what you found changing along you strolls this week.

PROMPT for NEXT WEEK - 10/3/12:

For those who like a prompt, let's look for some RED. Again, this is a good time of year to find red leaves ... but I wonder what else you might discover that is red along your walks. Let's see what comes up for us this week.

Please keep in mind these prompts are just to get you walking ... and thinking ... taking pictures. If they don't work for you, don't let that stop you. Share what you get! Until next week, keep walking and clicking! ;->

Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->
See you all soon!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and very sobering thoughts, but so true. I ran out of time last week to link up, and I'm not sure this week will be any better, but thanks for this wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...there's a huge difference between losing someone you love vs. losing a thing or an occupation. At least in my mind there is. :) Red sounds like fun...thanks again for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lissa - Love the pictures and your thoughts about loss and change. I felt like I was taken on a journey as I witnessed your process and photos. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grieving a loved one is so much more devastating than the passing of a season, but the loss of a job which is often tied into our identity, our ability to live comfortably can have a huge impact on our psyche. I'm still hoping all good things are coming your way Lissa. You deserve it for all the love you put out ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came back to see if anyone else posted yet, and I read my earlier comment. Goodness please don't think I took the loss of your job lightly...I have a way of sticking both feet in my mouth and not saying things how I mean them to be said. Geri said it much better than me. And I know loss is loss no matter what it is...and I wish all good things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even read your story before I took my pictures today and wrote my story, but we are definitely on the same wave link :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing from the heart. Love your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful entry today...Love the changing leaves and flowers and yes even changes in my life...sometimes it just a bit longer to know there benefit.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such wonderful images for the prompt, Lissa.
    I was out this morning with my camera, and things are changing very quickly here. Unfortunately it is such a gloomy day, so not sure I got anything.

    Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts Lissa. I love the photo of the trees with the grunge texture. I think that grieving your job loss is necessary before moving on. Something amazing is waiting around the corner!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->