'

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Walk and Click Wednesdays #2: YELLOW

Background: Kim Klassen's stampedright1
For some reason, it felt as though this day would never get here. I'm so excited to see your "yellow" images. I do want to emphasize though that although I will offer a prompt each week, it is not required as I am a believer in discovery ... sometimes you miss what's there on your walk when you're looking for something that might not be. So please explore ... discover ... and share. Ok, I'm sure I don't have to tell you all that walking is good for you and much easier and fun than a gym! But, if you want and need more info, you can find such benefits as heart health, deflecting diabetes, weight loss, and more on MedTV's website. If you like my little multi-colored paw prints on a circle, you can learn how to do the multi-color variation from Katrina's YouTube video. I just used a paw print brush instead of dots. I learned how to do dots on a shape in a single color from Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers. Now for my trip to Waneka Lake in search of YELLOW.
As I drove to Waneka Lake I was attuned to seeing yellow and at the first light I saw this car ... I think it's a Mitsubishi, but don't quote me. My son would laugh at me for not knowing! Scott works for Toyota and seems to know all makes and models. ;->
This cafe, Cannon Mine Coffee, which I used to frequent when I first moved to Colorado, has a very colorful rainbow mural. On weekends, they have live music. It's been quite a while since I've been there. I really should check it out again since it's so close to home. I've always thought it was neat that this rainbow leans against a local elementary school. It makes me smile and I can't help but think the young children who go there have it pretty special. The rainbow needs repainting though ... maybe I should go volunteer to do that! A concrete parking curb isn't terribly exciting, but I made myself get down low to capture a different perspective. Don't forget to look at things from different angles. This is totally staged. I would love to tell you Kobi climbed to the top of the slide, dropped Wilson, and then slid down too, but that just isn't the way it happened. Fun pic though! The flowers are beginning to wane, but I still managed to find these ... hmmm, they look like weeds!! Upon doing some research, I believe they might be a Gumweed Plant. They are quite a pretty shock of color even though the heat is having its way with most of the wild flowers. And yes, fall is beginning to show its petticoats. Still some time until most of the trees change their colors completely, but its coming. This is my favorite season of all. Thanks to all for joining me here. I love to learn about new sights, see what you have discovered as you walk, and have a chance to pull up chair and share. I hope you've enjoyed YELLOW! PROMPT for NEXT WEEK - 9/19/12: For those who like a prompt, let's find some public art. Walk down the main street in your town, go to the nearest city, or if you live in the country, find something that looks like art. Here in Colorado, many of the cities have walking paths that feature outdoor art. It's wonderful! Maybe this will give you an excuse to visit a part of your surroundings you've never seen. Don't forget Google ... my smartest friend ... search for "public art near [your town/city]." Please keep in mind these prompts are just to get you walking ... and thinking ... taking pictures. If they don't work for you, don't let that stop you. Share what you get! Until next week, keep walking and clicking! ;-> Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines: Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday. Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;-> See you all soon!

12 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to love Wednesdays! So glad to have found you and am now your new follower. At first I couldn't think of anything yellow in my neighborhood yet once I started looking it was all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow wildflower is s striking with the blue sky.
    I do love color and lots of it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that today's prompt was yellow but as it turns out that is exactly what I have on my blog today. I must have been feeling your yellow vibe telepathically! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pictures Lissa! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea and your walk today looked wonderful.. I especially like Kobi on the bright yellow slide...go Kobi...and you have some people linking up..
    So awesome...I always have Liam on Wednesday and although I might come across something, it doesn't mean I can take my eyes off of him long enough to snap it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gorgeous yellows you've found.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now I know the napkin tutorial doesn't seem like a walk...BUT you can't imagine how much walking I did in the house to put this together. I was wiped☺
    BTW...I LOVE Kobi on the slide...too cute.
    Laurie @ Pride in Photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful yellows, Lissa.
    I love Kobi on the slide, and I WANT that car!
    Thank you for hosting.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of yellows...my favorite is the wildflowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos! I haven't composed my post yet but I'll have it soon! I even found some yellow, although not much. Public art will be a challenge for me, but I love challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun! Wish I had more time to join in the party. I love that you give prompts and it's interesting that you can find something when you look for it - maybe that's a metaphor for life. We went out shopping for a rug the other night and my husband said, do we really know what we want? I said I'm not sure and we both said we probably will never find it then...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such great shots, Lissa, and I love the prompts! Thank you for letting me know. I love the WCW idea!

    I wanted to add my link, but wasn't sure how to intertwine the Walk and Click Wednesday into my already completed post. Perhaps I will shoot for another week.

    I really appreciate your comments and your constant encouragement. . . I really want you to know that. Thank you, Lissa.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->