'

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Walk and Click Wednesdays #3: PUBLIC ART

Welcome to Walk and Click Wednesdays #3: Public Art. I hope you had fun on your walk this week ... Walking down main street in Lafayette, Colorado, I discovered some pieces of public art I hadn't noticed before. Some pieces where so big you couldn't miss them, but others were small enough that they just seemed to pop out as I walked. I would have missed some that I actually liked. Now, that's an interesting point too ... I didn't say you had to like it ... just go see if you could find some. Until I took an Arts and Culture: History and Context course during my Master's program, I didn't even realize we had public art. Since then, I've discovered each municipality actually has a program in place to bring art to the attention of their constituents. Some pieces are actually indoors ... like in the City Hall, but lots of it is displayed outdoors ... lots of bronze, steel, or stone creations.
Sky Dance by J. Lucas Loeffler ~ donated to the City of Lafayette
April Charm by DeeDee Morrison ~ $50,000
Sundial by Ted Schaal ~ $3800
Chickadee by Louise Peterson ~ $20,000
Imagination by J. Lucas Loeffler ~ $40,000
Rusty by Doyle Svenby
I think my favorite is Imagination ... oh how fun it would be to sit on the moon and read a book ... any book ... and not have a care in the world! I hope you had fun looking for public art in your location. I'm looking forward to seeing what you found ... what you liked ... what you didn't like. ;-> If you didn't find public art, no worries, as long as you walked, discovered something new, and took pictures ... it's all good. PROMPT for NEXT WEEK - 9/26/12: For those who like a prompt, let's find something CHANGING. Of course, this is a good time of year to see things changing ... leaves are the obvious, but I'm wondering what else is changing during this time of year. Let's see what comes up for use this week. Please keep in mind these prompts are just to get you walking ... and thinking ... taking pictures. If they don't work for you, don't let that stop you. Share what you get! Until next week, keep walking and clicking! ;-> Walk and Click Wednesdays (WCW) Guidelines: Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday. Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your WCW blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;-> See you all soon!

8 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things that you captured. What a brilliant idea.
    Have a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of these - however I think Imagination would be my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those pieces! Imagination is great, but I fell in love with Chickadee. I'll be linking up in a day or two...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pieces of art. Imagination is the best but Rusty is running a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa - I love Imagination too and Sky Dance! I frequently dream about flying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Great art work and awesome photos. I forgot all about this fun idea. Too bad cuz I was in DC and could have captured quite a bit. My daughter and I have been home sick all week, so I'm a little behind the power curve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chickadee one! Too cute. I am hoping to get my link up tomorrow, just back from visiting our daughter so trying to play catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just beautiful! I love Imagination so much! I will keep this in mind and contribute. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->