'

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Lesson Learned

9:10PM: I clicked something wrong as I looked at the new Blogger interface and I think I've lost everything and am going to have to start all over. Nothing is the same. There is a green background, an old template, gadgets are missing. Panic set in. Tears. Frustration. A knot in my stomach.

~~~~

10:30PM: Found an answer. Upgrade template. Wasn't quite sure that was going to give me all my hard work back. It did. Whew! Starting to get things back in order. Patience. This is all a learning experience, right?

~~~~

11:30PM: Recovery is a sweet thing. You don't know how important something is to you until you lose it. I realized how important this work is to me and now that everything is back in order I am saving a copy of the full blog HTML code!!!

The good news is I am good at researching and finding answers. Yay!

~~~~

Lesson Learned: Back up your code folks. ;->

9 comments:

  1. Things like that really leave you rattled don't they? I'll never forget my 'black screen' moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure this would send me into full panic mode.

    Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice for EVERYONE - we should all back up our templates whenever we make changes to them so we have the most recent template in case something happens. You can also export your whole blog to a file and that way if something ever happened where you lost everything you could get it all back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you got your template back. It would be a tragedy to lose all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learning can be a slow and painful process, but it is so nice when we come out on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew...good save! Thanks for sharing this experience and the advice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Lissa! You are so good at problem solving. Thanks for the good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo - all your great work is back! Do you back up using the blogger tool, or something else? Over the years I've to back everything up (in more than once location). Yet...I've still not backed up either of my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew!!
    How scary this is.
    So glad you were able to recover things.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->