'

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Design Project: Wedding Reception

Have you ever had that "buttons-popping" moment when you finished a project that you were pleased with and packaged it up to deliver?

Yesterday, I delivered my latest design project. It was so much fun ... eight of my flower prints will be displayed on the tables at a wedding reception this Saturday (August 18) as table markers so guests know where they are to be seated. The white tree branch against the green background (center image) is the invitation.

The place cards include the corresponding flower and the guest's name on the top/outside and on the inside is printed the common and the Latin flower name and the bride and groom's names and wedding date. The same font was used as the invitation. Each print also had a tent card with the flower names.

It was so much fun to meet with my client and deliver Christmas in August. She was obviously very happy with the end result. I went over optimum set up and care. We brainstormed some additional ideas such as displaying on a white or forest green table cloth at a greeting table.

The real sweet spot came a little later when Kitty sent me the following email, which made my heart swell:

Jaime, her mom, and dad wanted to see what you had created. They were overwhelmed and so appreciative!!! It was wonderful! Jaime couldn't believe how amazing the images were and how well done the place cards were! Thanks again for the great product. Customer 100% Satisfied (:

It doesn't get much better than that!

And I thought a mosaic of all the images would be lovely. ;->

15 comments:

  1. Brava, Lissa! You deserve to be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mosaic would be a lovely keepsake for the bride and groom!
    Beautifully executed. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mosaic - if the Bride knows a quilter, this would be beautiful as a quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Lissa. That feeling of "I did a great job!" is wonderful, isn't it? Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..way to go! what a wonderful idea to use your photos for place cards! very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lissa--As usual for you, lovely & creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really wonderful, Lissa!
    I love the mosaic you made with them.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how wonderful! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Job well done Lissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Lissa! I'm not surprised they were overjoyed with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very special and unique. I bet these people were thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY beautiful work Lissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow congratulations! that is fantastic, well done! they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cool project, and definitely deserves the accolades!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->