'

Saturday, October 1, 2011

is it pie yet?


I imagined making apple pie ... set out the ingredients on a fine china plate. The sugar sparkles, sweet as it flavors the pie. Nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves. Hmmm, I don't put cloves in my apple pie. Well, they do make the picture more interesting. Maybe I should try a bit of clove in my apple pie. I wonder what that would taste like.

The season is coming for this tasty treat ... Thanksgiving, Christmas. But why must I wait? Well, with recent changes in my diet for health reasons, apply pie is a delicacy, not a staple. I will have to find someone to share it with. Treats like this required the orange cones to be placed around it to warn me of danger lest I eat the entire thing in a couple of days! Oh, silly me, I could make a mini pie. Or a few and give the excess away. That could fit the bill.

An option might be to make it for a shelter and not eat it at all. I could enjoy the benefit of the sweet aroma of the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and apples co-mingling as they bubble to perfection in the oven. Mmmm, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

In the meantime, I just love looking at the ingredients and imagining ...

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen; fall_in on the first; lightpaper3 on the second

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->