'

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stolen Moments: A Birthday Escape

Some birthdays are filled with celebrations with love ones; some are lonely, only acknowledged as another day on the calendar; and some are spent exactly as one wishes.

My day yesterday began with a string of Facebook updates from friends and family ... I heard from the most important people.

Since I got my new job, I've put a little bit away each week for a rainy day ... so I treated myself to a brand new Macbook Pro laptop! Woohoo! Then I spent the morning setting up and recreating the interface I'd come to love on my old Macbook. Then ... I got out even though it threatened to rain.

Off I went with Kobi ... driving in the direction of Lyons and Estes Park. I turned off before that toward Ward since I'd never explored that area. Although I didn't go far, I found a trailhead at at Buckingham Park. The rushing water called my name to cleanse my soul ... there's nothing like the sound of rushing water to make everything new.

click the image to see larger version

click the image to see larger version on Flickr

click the image to see larger version on Flickr
Texture thanks to Kim Klassen: touchof-2

Don't see the Arthropods (insects)? They've taken up residence ... I was only after the flower and didn't see them until I began processing in Photoshop. You can see them in the larger image on Flickr.

Before I left Buckingham Park, I found a spot beside the creek, took my shoes and socks off, and dangled my feet in the cool rushing water. Haven't done that in forever. It felt wonderful ... especially since it was "humider" than it usually is here in Colorado.

There's nothing like a walk to wear Kobi out ... he slept all the way home even though it was only a short walk. It was a grand time for both of us.

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a birthday! I love the sound of rushing water, too. Congrats on the Macbook!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday! I have a grandson and a good friend who share your day - they are both very artistic, just like you. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful place to visit and love flowing water...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfectly delightful day, and the photos are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Sounds like a celebration of a special day. There is nothing like getting out in nature by yourself. Your images are beautiful gifts to yourself and thank you so much for sharing. I love your layouts!
    Happy birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Lissa!
    It sounds like it was a good day.
    Congratulations on the new computer. Love my MacBook Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Looks like you had a beautiful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS photos and gorgeous you. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! Aren't we blessed to live in Colorado amidst such beauty and peace?!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->