'

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Creative Expression: I Love You More

Which comes first? The chicken or the egg? Artwork or reality?

This piece was inspired as I was doing a Photoshop show and tell for my friend, Shirley. We meet regularly to catch up, write, work, support and inspire. Today we spent more time talking and sharing than working, but we accomplished a bit of it all.

Textures thanks to Shadowhouse Creations: Square 160, 163, 169
Heart brush thanks to DesignFruit, which was altered using Puppet Warp in Photoshop.

This piece started out quite different--only half-hearts, but after Shirley left, I continued and the piece evolved. Then I got to thinking about the game "I love you more" that my kids and I played when they were little. It brings a smile to my face ... I wonder who loves who more ... and how one could even measure that. Things are always evolving there too. So, which comes first? Artwork or reality? Clearly, each is inspiration for the other.

5 comments:

  1. Love your artwork and the commentary to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely artwork. I remember playing that game with Mallory, she thinks she is always the one that won, little does she know I love her more than words can say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have a friend to support and create with. Your work is wonderful. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Lissa! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->