'

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Colorado Burning ... not pretty

Another fire broke out on Flagstaff Mountain, west of Boulder. Reverse 911 calls for pre-evacution out to ~2400 Boulder residents and businesses. The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) is in danger as it is in the mountains nearby. Three hundred acres burned at this point. Wind inconsistent.


This image (above) was taken from my house (same vantage point as the sun rays in my last post) as I returned from an interview in Longmont at 5:00pm. This fire is 15 miles from me. I don't anticipate it will get this far east, but if it reaches Boulder, it will affect businesses that support our livelihoods.


And this at 7:00pm ...



Got out late for the sunset ... 8:30pm. These are north of the fire zone in previous pictures.

4 comments:

  1. How frightening to see that from your house. Can empathize as Texas had many really serious fires last summer. Praying for the fires to get controlled , and hey, some serious rain would definitely not hurt. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary! I remember last Labor Day weekend when we had fires popping up all around us. I'll keep all of you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about all those fires...we had a similar disaster her in California and the air quality was so bad it hurt to breathe. I hope you're wearing a mask. I hope they get them under control soon - stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have experienced having to evacuate and watching fires loom nearby when living in Big Bear, CA. It was very anxiety provoking. I hope it has settled down by now.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->