'

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Behind the Scenes: Mission Statement

The next step with Kim and Xanthe in Behind the Scenes is to create a Mission Statement. Easier said than done!


The way I see it, the recipe is:
  • One part knowing ourselves
  • One part knowing WHAT we do
  • One part knowing WHY we do it
  • One part brainstorming
Hmmm ... are there any more parts I need to think about? Well, I see this as an evolution and I may not get it quite right the first time out of the shoot. So without going into all the deep inner work, here's my brainstorming session with myself. I'll just skip the deep inner work for now, okay? ;->
  • tapping into joy and happiness through nature and everyday things
  • tickle their fancy
  • help the lost, lonely, and dissatisfied see differently through nature and everyday things
  • helping the uninspired see things differently
  • helping people see things differently
  • Inspiring people to see things differently
As you can see, I already put my mission statement on my blog. We'll see how I feel about it in a week or two. I might change it.

In the meantime, I want to share this fabulous TED Talk video Kim and Xanthe shared with us. Having been an entrepreneur once (and maybe dreaming of doing it again), I especially love the message: "The goal is not to do business with everyone who needs what you have. The goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe." Simon Sinek is truly inspiring!

I'm posting this video here as much for you, my readers, as for me so I know where to find it in the future.

7 comments:

  1. I so get the "posting it on my blog so I can find it again." I work the same way....yep. Great mission statement. Inspire is such a wonderful word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that class so far. So fun to read about your missions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I have been reading your posts regarding Behind the Scenes and thanks for sharing what you are learning there - it certainly has given me food for thought regarding why I'm blogging and what I'd like to do with it going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of creating my own mission statement! Great idea, though. And thanks for sharing the video - very enlightening! I'm sending it to my son (the insurance agent!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mission statement - I agree, it's very hard to pinpoint the exact words to use. I'm still struggling with it! The TED video is so inspiring - he put things in a way that really made me think. It's great to be in class with you - thanks again for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lissa, this is wonderful. I think I'm still contemplating what mine is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful course, Lissa, and it really sounds like you are enjoying it. Love your mission statement.
    Happy day to you, my friend!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->