'

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Texture Tuesday: White Edition

I saw Kim Klassen's White Edition post this morning and felt behind. I haven't been able to keep up with Texture Tuesdays and Beyond Layers and playing with pictures and my blog and a job. Whew!

Nevertheless, when I stopped at King Sooper's for breakfast on my way to work I saw these beautiful dishes. I don't need more dishes, but they were white (off white), so I bought one set: a mug, a shallow bowl, and a plate. Maybe one day I will purposefully have a full set of mismatched dishware. In my college days, that symbolized "making due." Now I get to re-write the definition, no longer making due, but making a choice for what I like.

Here are two versions with Werther's candies.


mouseover for before image

mouseover for before image

How have you redefined how you thought as a child or young adult? Or what would you like to re-define?
Wish I could sit and have a chat over a cup of coffee or tea and some candies with you, my friends. I'd be happy to do it virtually in lieu of in-person.

Hope you're all enjoying your week.
laf

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen and Texture Tuesday: phoebe and happyheart

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful white dishes. I have a think for them, (well for dishes period). I think they do make the most interesting table settings when mismatched. Going for quality and what you want fits in well with your abundance theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dishes!

    I love what mismatched dishes say. . . without saying anything. Very cool.

    And this quote?

    "Living your dreams isn't about fitting into the known world. It's about fitting into your own skin." ~ Tama Kieves,

    . . . LOVE IT!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! I love the stylized flower pattern on the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful Lissa.
    The design on the cups is just beautiful, and I love the white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful processing, such great use of textures.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->