'

Friday, August 16, 2013

Creative Expression: Playing with brushes and images as textures

I think this piece is more like playing scales on the piano, doing stretches, or writing to prompts. Or maybe it's just like finger painting, but using a keyboard!


I started out with some brushes by Distressed Textures ... using different colors for each brush on separate layers so I could manipulate them individually.

Then I added a portrait such that it was almost unrecognizable except to the subject maybe.

I added a picture of a rock and one of a dandelion puff I'd taken on one of my many walks, then used blending modes until I liked the effect.

Just a short post for today. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing you so engaged with your art again. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see the photo, it looks like a little girl with pig tails. nice colors, like the blending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative, Lissa. Love the portrait in the center. I'm just starting to work in Photoshop Elements again. It's challenging for me to work in PSE with imagery and paint at the same time. Seems I can only do one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I could see the eyes and mouth right away.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->