'

Monday, May 27, 2013

Tales from Kobi: Sweet Innocence - Frisco, CO

Mom loves taking day trips ... and she's not an early riser except to get to work. It's good though because we miss all the holiday traffic ... especially when we travel on a Sunday on a three-day weekend. Yesterday we went to Frisco, Colorado.


Can you imagine a lighthouse in the middle of Colorado? I don't think it's a working lighthouse, but it looks pretty cool against the Rocky Mountains. And you know my mom, she can't resist clicking away while we're on our walks. That little girl ... pretty in pink ... she was eyeing me while mom was capturing her. A bit precocious she was ... her mom asked her to get her shoes that were lying on the walk beside the sand, each walking in a different direction. Ms. Pink answered, "I decided I don't need to do that right now." My mom giggled.

[Update: the Frisco Bay Lighthouse is a working lighthouse.
See: http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/ut.htm]

We walked and walked ... to the lake (Dillon Reservoir and Frisco Bay really) that was sadly low ... no sailboats in the slips since there was only sand ... no water at the landing to launch canoes and kayaks ... but there was a bit of blue glistening in the distance. We got several weeks of snow not long ago, but the runoff isn't accumulating here. Hope it does by summer as Frisco is a quaint tourist town that likely depends on the boating traffic.


But it didn't bother Mom ... we walked along Ten Mile Creek ... the water was rushing and roaring ... we stopped for a rest and sat on rocks nearby. Ahh, nice and cool on my tummy. After a brief stay we moved on ... back to Main Street. Mom had seen The Next Page Bookstore on the way to the Marina, but by the time we got back it was closed. Seems Frisco rolls up its sidewalks at 5:00 pm on Sundays.


And I know she would have loved to try some Thin Mint Green Tea at their Tea Bar. How could anyone resist this description: There’s no flavoring involved, but the peppermint leaves pull chocolate notes from the roasted green tea, resulting in a taste and aroma reminiscent of those cookies that we all know and love. I guess we'll have to go back!



Then we met Boone, a 12-week-old Goldendoodle, at the 5th Avenue Grill where Mom decided to have some dinner. He was about my size and oh, so playful. He kept dumping over the water bowl and chewing on my leash. Mom definitely got sidetracked. I wondered if she even knew I was still there. Boone is cute, but Mom loves me and I know it. I think he needs a bow tie, don't you?


"Mom, are you crazy? Taking pictures while driving!" Well, I guess she kept her eyes on the road, but even I know that's not so smart. That view is beautiful ... but I do think Mom should pull over next time.

Anyway, notice how little traffic there is? That road was probably bumper to bumper coming home this Memorial Day evening! But instead of sitting  in that craziness, Mom's home sharing her pictures with you.

Thanks for visiting ... Hope you had a super Memorial Day weekend and remembered someone who served our country. I know Mom remembered a few including her Dad, cousin, and several friends.

5 comments:

  1. Love your post Lissa! Wonder so often how you are enjoying your "new" job. I think that Kobi is really getting to be quite a writer and it looks as if you had a very fun outing. Bet he misses your being at home more! Hope that you had a great weekend and sorry that you missed that book store. I always love a good bookstore and can never pass them up! hugs from Texas. Oh, and it was a good thing no one smacked those praying mantis. They were pretty cute and we always love having them around. Were just not expecting them to arrive in the middle of dinner like that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your day of adventure with Kobi...his stories are wonderful...and the little girl, so cute...
    To bad the bookstore was closed...that would have been a fun place to spend a few minutes...
    Give Kobi a pat for me for doing such a great job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful weekend. It is so funny to see a lighthouse in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post this is, Lissa.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the TFK (Tales from Kobi) posts - makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->