'

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Creative Expression: The Little Dress Dances in the Night

I'm loving creating photo art ... it takes me to a totally different place than my nature photography. A place where I truly create even when I do integrate photographs.

I'm linking up with Bonnie's Pixel Dust Photo Art Friday. Her original challenge was to create a piece using only textures. Even though she switched it up to one photograph + textures, I liked the original idea.

So, this is an abstract made completely of textures, a little custom shape, and warp effect. It looked like a beautiful evening dress to me, so I made it dance in the night with a little pendant at the neckline.


Textures thanks to Pixel Dust: Drops of Jupiter, Silken Waters, Palazzo, Soft Swirls
Texture thanks to Kim Klassen: 1402

Originally I was going to post my laf Abstract for the Photo Art challenge ... check it out too if you haven't seen it already.

21 comments:

  1. Wow! a dancing dress. I'd love to see a series of these images. It's great to see you're still making art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is truly a piece of art! and reading that you've created it out of textures only... well... hat off to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice. I love blue and orange. It looks like an opal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool Lissa! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. such joy reflected in this beautiful piece~!!~
    love your colors as well as your sense of imagination~!
    this would be great framed and displayed or as a note card.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to make such beautiful dancing dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I feels like a girl dancing in the summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative ~ I can see this used on the cover of a dance studio program.

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning - so fluid and full of promise - I'd love to be at that dance

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is VERY awesome! Do more. Yes. Do more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, Lissa, this is wondrous!! I love how you've taken abstract to another place altogether and how gorgeous your result is!!

    stunning and grand!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. enchanting title and amazing abstract

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent work - I'd wear that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lissa, this is gorgeous!!
    Wonderful work on this.
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning piece of digital work, Lissa! Makes me want to dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative! I can see the dress flowing and moving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very creative and gorgeous outline of colors -- sweet and yet bold.. love it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just delightful ... and the little twist for the jewelry. How very clever you are as well as talented. You should do more with your creative powers.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really pretty. It does look like a dress. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! You are so talented with graphics, and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really nice abstract! Love the dancing dress!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->