'

Monday, April 22, 2013

Walk and Click Wednesday #34: Spring must be coming!

It's Walk and Click Wednesday! Hope you all have engaged in some new discoveries this week.

Important Announcement: This will be the last Walk and Click Wednesday. I'm so glad you all have joined me here.

I know some of you will be disappointed. For that I'm very sorry. But my hope is that you will continue to explore venues close to home as well as vistas farther away and share them on your blogs. I will love to come visit your there.

So for now, I am looking forward to posting my various interests here when I am inspired to do so and possibly pursue some other creative ideas. I hope you'll still visit me here as I will continue walking and clicking!

Since this is a bit of a finale, I've decided to open the post early and you can link up through Saturday at midnight.

We had a weekend free of snowy weather, but are now experiencing snow again. That's Spring in Colorado for you!

mouseover to see before image
Texture thanks to Kim Klassen: Autumnburst

At the end of the last snow (last Friday), I noticed this beautiful melting ice formation sparkling in the setting sun. Since I haven't done any texturing in a while I decided to do a before and after. Don't miss it.


Yesterday, I caught some great weather just before the end of the day. I decided to revisit some areas I've been before, but was delighted to find some new surprises ... first, a three-day-old lamb. I've never seen one with this coloring. Isn't he the sweetest? He bounded around his mama on his spindly legs. It was hard to get a picture in focus!


Before returning home, Kobi and I visited Sawhill Ponds to get our exercise. Lots of water fowl dunking for their dinner, red-winged blackbirds twittering, frogs croaking, and Canada geese and ducks gliding on the ponds' reflections.


Gotta love those Rocky Mountains and the solitude one can find not far from work and home.


And at the end of our stroll, we were rewarded with this interesting wood formation that looked like someone got spooked in the night!

I wish you all the best and hope you continue to enjoy all the benefits of walking and clicking: a little exercise; beautiful captures of nature, architecture, unusual sightings; and the power of observing the new and unusual.

I'll be visiting ... hoping to gain inspiration from what you see in your neighborhood.

Have a great week and find some time to walk and click. ;->



18 comments:

  1. Lovely post, as always. I particularly like the lamb photos.
    I'm sad to see Walk and Click pass - it's one of my favourite memes, made all the more endearing by your charm. Thanks for hosting it.
    Take care.
    I wish you all good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to see WCW go, but I totally understand the time limitations you have now. Also I am looking at this as an opportunity to move on to new projects. I want you to know how much I have grown as a photographer because of WCW and am so thankful. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweet little robin...so spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For everything there is a season and I get for WCW that season has ended. You might encourage your friends to start a Flickr group and they could all add their WCW photos there to share in one spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to see this go, but totally understand my friend. I work fulltime, so I know how it is!! The three day old lamb is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, the animal photos are so adorable Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting WCW. I love your stories and pictures. I will still check back to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm disappointed!! But I understand. Heck, it's been tough for me to find time just to link up! When I finally got around to it last week, it was closed. So here I am on time this week - I'm so glad I didn't miss the last one! And what a precious little baby!! I hope you do continue to walk and click and share with us, even without the linky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic photography ~ sorry you are ending this but glad for you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the fun parties and walks you share Lissa, please do come by and visit so we can stay in touch :)

    Best,
    BiTi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to see this is your last. Will miss linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad to see the end, but you gotta do what's right for YOU, especially in the creative realm.

    Hey, you got me out Walkin' and Clickin'...for that - and so much more - I am grateful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found you and sorry to hear this is the last one. Your photos are lovely.
    Love to walk and click or sometimes I drive, stop and click!
    Take care,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Thank you for hosting for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photographs, Lissa, and those sheep are so adorable!
    Wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sad to see this end, but I truly understand. I've enjoyed the trips around the world I was able to take through this link-up! I'll be returning to see where you're next step takes you! I'm so glad I've gotten to meet you!! I love that sweet little lamb, what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh... I am so sorry even when I understand. This has been such a wonderful challenge, it has made me want to explore not only what is around my house but other places, so I have started to plan some organized outing... I am grateful for that, and for the chance to share so many wonderful walks.

    Your photos are fantastic, love the little lamb. Thanks for hosting, I will visit you to read about your new projects. Kind regards, Z.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you've inspired so many people here, Lissa. Continued good luck on your new paths.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->