'

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Walk and Click Wednesday #32: Making the Ordinary Special

Note: Now that I'm working full time, I just don't have time to respond to everyone every week even though I would love to, but please do know that I visit everyone's blog posts and will do my best to comment. Thank you all so much for being part of Walk and Click Wednesday!!

It's Walk and Click Wednesday and I've been looking forward to sharing with you all.

One thing I've learned by walking and clicking on a consistent basis is sometimes I am only able to capture the ordinary. But with that said if I pay attention, I discover that the ordinary can be quite special.

It doesn't matter how many pictures I take of Kobi, I love each one ... a different pose, an unusual gaze, the forever cute.


I visited Anthem Planned Community for a second time. I still love the waterfall and the walking path. Look at those vibrant red branches!

This time I paid attention to the small planes flying overhead as they go to land at the nearby Erie Municipal Airport. This one was much more colorful than I had noticed before. What a treat!


And today the weather changed again. More snow, but it didn't really stick even though it snowed all night last night and off and on all day today.

My boss, Karen, treated me to lunch. We walked Pearl Street Mall to Riff's Urban Fare as big fluffy snowflakes floated down like a soft blanket. We had a delightful social time talking about remodeling, selling homes, and even politics! Good food ... great company! She even encouraged my photographic indulgence. ;->

Textures thanks to Kim Klassen: emptypage
(food images taken with my cell phone)

Top to Bottom: roasted beets with queso de mano, orange, almonds; trout (on the specials menu, so I don't have the details; the salmon sandwich with horseradish aioli, red onion marmalade.

What have you discovered in the ordinary? Why is it special? Can't wait to see where you've been this week!!

~~~~~

I look forward to seeing you here for Walk and Click Wednesday. Can't wait to see what you saw on your strolls.

Please join me in the adventure. The only "requirement" other than those below is that you go out walking and take some pictures. Please keep in mind that you don't have to walk, take pictures, process them, and post all on Wednesday ... take the weekend before to explore and a few days to process your photos ... then link up.

Walk and Click Wednesday (WCW) Guidelines:

Are you new to Walk and Click Wednesdays? The party will open on Wednesday and close on Saturday at midnight.

Here are just a few guidelines to keep everyone on target.
  • Please link directly to your blog post or the specific flickr image, not to your main blog url or flickr stream url. Please do not link to an online shop.
  • Please link back to laf Custom Designs. I'd love it if you'd share my WCW button on your blog (it's over there on the sidebar--see it?--just under the Friends Who Love It Here icons). It will also serve as a reminder to you since I know you all have a lot going on in your lives.
  • Please visit the other WCW participants and share the love. Gotta get this party goin' on.
Have a great weekend and find some time to walk and click. ;->



16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your job is going well but you're still finding time to walk. I sympathize with not being able to make the blog rounds. I'm in the same boat right now. Glad I could finally link up, even though it's a couple of days old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Kobi picture...but then he could never take a bad picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry too much about commenting. I have the same time problem. I just do what I can.
    Kobi is adorable. If you'd ever like someone to look after him for a while....
    Thanks for hosting this fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with your plane photo - I'm never fast enough to capture anything like this! And you food is leaving me feeling hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a delicious lunch. Hey do what you can girl. As long as you keep posting Walk and Click we are all happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this: sweet Kobi, the "ordinary" and your storyboards. You've inspired me again!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kobi is so adorable and the water falls are exceptional ~ Great photos ~the ordinary is the sacred I believe ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this doesn't seem so ordinary. Kobi is so sweet looking, and that plane is amazingly colorful! Your lunch made me hungry, I think I'd better go find something to eat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds as if you are still loving your new job, and so happy for you. Are you thinking of moving to this community?? Kobi is his usual cute self! best to you lissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that you are enjoying your new job, Lissa, and that food looks oh so yummy! HOWEVER, I am sure i do not have to tell you which is my favorite. that little sweetheart wins out every time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kobi is adorable and your lunch looks so good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. winter just doesn't want to give up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've managed to make the "ordinary" seem anything but! Wonderful shot of the plane, love the contrasting green and red, it gives a lot of energy to the photo. But Kobi is my hands down favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic image of the plane and waterfall! Ordinary captures are so important, they preserve moments in time that otherwise we might forget!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious photos full of sweetness and beautiful colors, I like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It wasn't this week, but definitely "out"! Seven hours more North from where I live:)
    Very interesting food you had -roasted beets -I would like to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->