'

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tales from Kobi: Between Old and New

Hey there ... it's been a while since Mom's let me tell the story, so I'm jazzed to be here.  Mom seems to be losing ground. We went to Frisco for a second visit over the Fourth of July weekend and she still hasn't gotten those pics posted. We had so much fun ... I got to wade in the creek and we saw all kinds of beautiful spring flowers. Maybe she'll still get to that, but in the meantime I have another story to tell.

Yesterday, we were going to meet up with our old Doodles and Poodles group at the Valmont Dog Park. Mom was running late, but thought we'd still get in on the tale end and I'd get to see some of my old friends again. When we got there, no sign of any doodles or poodles. There were other dogs and we stayed a bit, but it just wasn't the same and Mom got bored really fast at standing in the sun. At least we didn't just get in the care and go home. Yeah, there was a nice path nearby, so off we went to see what we could discover.


There was thistle in bloom and the gurgle of the creek. Young bogs and parents riding their bikes on specially made bike paths that even had one-way signs. It was already warm by 9:30, so we stopped for a drink.


See that little blue bowl? Mom got that special for me. It's collapsible and fits in her back pocket. Does your furry friend want one? Go get your very own Bamboo Silicone Pop-Up Travel Bowl. Really convenient 'cause Mom just needs to carry her own water bottle and I can share.


Back home ... that's me in one of my favorite spots, but this time I found myself between the old and new ... Mom's old shoes and new shoes, that is. What an interesting metaphor for life. I think she's finding herself in that spot too, but different. She won't lie down between her shoes, but I think she is pondering the old and new in her life ... I see her looking at all the stuff she owns and I just know she's contemplating what to keep and what to get rid of. She's been talking about doing this ever since she got me, but there's something different in the air. I just feel it. I wonder if that means changes for me. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Hope you're all enjoying your summer even though there are record heat waves across the country. Take care ... until next time.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Kobi! Enjoyed hearing from you again. Looking forward to learning more about the changes. Change is a good thing, once we get over being afraid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kobi...I love when you write...we always get the scoop on your MOm...Glad you had a great day out even though your friends didn't show...maybe it was to hot for them...I love your new bowl...super cute and looks like you like it also..
    I'm going to stay posted so I can find out what changes are in the air...enjoy your rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kobi! so good to see you out having fun, and sorry that you missed the doodles and poodles.What a neat little bowl you have there, and nice of you and your mom to have something to share! Hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your mom is doing ok. Tell her I miss her :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to see you here today, Kobi!
    Hmmmmmm, wonder what happened to doodles and poodles??
    Maybe just to hot. I know it has been for my little Sammy. It's cooler now though, and she is much more comfortable being outside.

    I hope you have a wonderful day! xo.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->