'

Monday, April 16, 2012

It All Begins with You (or me)

In Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers, she has inspired her followers to do self-portraits and to take care of themselves. I love the simple pleasures: snuggling with my sweet pup, or rather him resting on my shoulder; reading books that interest me; and watching inspiring movies.


This is me watching the morning news and Kobi watching me take our picture with my iPad. No makeup there! Brave, I know. lol Used a wee bit of Kim's IAm texture on this.


What Color is Your Parachute? is a great resource for those looking for work, or those looking to find just the right position within the organization they already work for. And between shades of gray is about the value of life--at one point in time Lina's brother's life was worth a pocket watch. That was the line on the cover that caught my attention.


Stepping outside to see the sunlight on the new Spring grape leaves brought a smile. Love those veins.

There are so many things that play into honoring oneself: eating well, getting plenty of sleep, making a date with nature, loving a furry friend,  and finding what satisfies your soul. I'm taking steps in the right direction.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture and your little furry friend. Great pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Kobi peaking over your shoulder. Thanks for sharing your musings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Lissa, and I love your selfie with Kobi!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->