'

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Tales from Kobi: Flagstaff Trail


Yesterday, Mom and I had another adventure. We hiked Flagstaff Trail with friend Meredith and her dog Toby, called Mr. T so as to not confuse us.
 

The hike was from Panorama Point to the Wood Shelter near Artists' Point. 2.83 miles/1115 elevation gain.



It was such a beautiful day here in Colorado that there were many hikers out, but not so many that it was crowded. Meredith stopped to talk with another hiker as Mom and I marched on up the trail.


There were lots of sweet vista pit stops. With the elevation gain, Mom found herself stopping quite often. She hopes this will ease up as she does more treks like this.


Meredith on the rock and Mr. T hiding in the shadow in the foreground.


The Boulder trails are very well maintained for pretty easy crossing even with the elevation gain.


And on the way back we were blessed with this awesome view of Boulder through the trees. Now we can say we hiked to the top of Flagstaff Mountain!


Before heading home after this pretty short hike, we stopped to enjoy the breeze. Mr. T decided he wanted to climb on the table, but didn't quite make it. Meredith said he was just acting silly. Kobi was enjoying lying down in the table shade.

The good news is I didn't feel like I needed couch time after this hike. I love my new boots!

Oh, and about boots. I went to put on my brand new Vasques (week old with 18 miles on them) later in the afternoon and one of the leather loops broke. Bummer!! The good news is Amazon will replace them at no cost and I will have another brand new pair of boots on Tuesday. :-)

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to be back out on the trails with Kobi! Happy spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great hike. I loved the view of Boulder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place to hike! And what a great day for it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope you'll leave a message so I know you were here. I love to hear from my visitors. ;->